Copy/paste (Automate) form Google sheets to online form

kartikoli

Busy!!
I have a lead generation job where we collect data from various sources and add to google sheets but now company wants to use there own database to add leads. The problem we face is its time consuming to add data onto overdrive (company database) so people prefer to work on SS (google spreadsheet) and then copy paste the data to overdrive. Since the layout for each lead is same we have to waste time copy pasting data for each row
Here is the example of the data
Spreadsheet *SNIP*
Overdrive *SNIP*

The first column in spreadsheet have overdrive links (Unique for each row with same layout) so we open the link and start copy pasting rest of the data from the SS to OD. This is a repetitive task so I want to know if we can somehow automate. I don't have any programing background so can't use python which is what people suggested on youtube

Found this extension *SNIP* which does almost exactly what I need but it works for a single page where as I want to open different pages with same layout. Actually if we see the url its just the ID for each account which changes

*SNIP*
*SNIP*

(We can't open those links as we need company login credentials)

Any help would be appreciated as it would saves lots of time for me and my team

Mod edit: Removed potentially sensitive information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Be responsible with what you post. That screenshot had a lot of emails that could be exploited by spammers. Leaking sensitive information publicly usually gets people fired from their jobs so I am basically doing you a favour by removing it.

Also, your links could be interpreted as self-promotion or SEO spam so I deleted those.

As for your actual question: if Overdrive does not provide an API or some mechanism to batch upload data, then I don't think there is anything you can do. You will have to convince your supervisors that it's not possible or not worth the effort. If there is limited data (30-50 records) then perhaps you can enter those manually but if it's 100s then it's not worth the effort or you will have to take the help of multiple people to enter all of them.

You could also contact the Overdrive customer/technical support and ask them if they have any mechanism to upload batches of data either via some web service API or some FTP upload.

Using some macro extension to automate the entry will be slow and inefficient for this.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Gotcha, I wasn't aware of such implications as this is my personal worksheet and the data generated was done by me (but yeah, hiding emails is a good point). About uploading the data we do have such service but due to Salesforce integration we can't work on SS and add to OD due to duplicates. The normal process is to either work on overdrive (standalone) or work on SS (keep checking overdrive for duplicates) and then copy paste.

Anyways since this discussion might go other way around lets close this thread for further discussion.

Top Bottom