Charger and cable for Galaxy s21 - Advise needed

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Given that samsung has followed the trend of not adding a charger to its box wanted suggestions on the best charger and cables i can get for it. Idea is to get a backup charger that's not as high priced as the Samsung one (Rs 1600) but gives 25w charging, and a cable that's atleast 2-3 m in length

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Given that samsung has followed the trend of not adding a charger to its box wanted suggestions on the best charger and cables i can get for it. Idea is to get a backup charger that's not as high priced as the Samsung one (Rs 1600) but gives 25w charging, and a cable that's atleast 2-3 m in length

Xiaomi 27W QC 3.0 charger is like 550, maybe get that & the Xiaomi cable as well as that support 3A output for 250.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Xiaomi 27W QC 3.0 charger is like 550, maybe get that & the Xiaomi cable as well as that support 3A output for 250.
I did get the MI 27w charger (which also does not come with a cable) and tried using it with some cables laying around. It also maxes out at fast charging which i think is 15 W only

I did get the MI 27w charger (which also does not come with a cable) and tried using it with some cables laying around. It also maxes out at fast charging which i think is 15 W only

Older 15-18W fast charging used up to 2A only, so get a new cable.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Older 15-18W fast charging used up to 2A only, so get a new cable.
Makes sense, let me find that cable. For now thought bit the bullet and got the official samsung charger since nothing else seemed to work

On a side note found a stuffcool 60w charger that also allowed super fast charging. But at Rs 4500 was not exactly the cost effective solution i was looking for

Makes sense, let me find that cable. For now thought bit the bullet and got the official samsung charger since nothing else seemed to work

On a side note found a stuffcool 60w charger that also allowed super fast charging. But at Rs 4500 was not exactly the cost effective solution i was looking for

Your phone doesn't support 60W charging, so it is useless. Its smart enough to limit power input to 25W on the supported protocol, QC protocol works well with Samsung fast charging tech in my experience.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Also somehow the super fast charging only seems to work with ueb c to usb c type cables. Or do i just have cables that are too old

Surprisingly now have found a bunch of 2 portcharger on amazon with one USB C and one USB A

*www.amazon.in/dp/B083H1XC35/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_K5B7DS4NJH75NG0F9NQB

Should be decent if i charge multiple Fast charge devices (even ones limited to 25W)

These are the ones I was talking about, not much point getting higher wattage brick:
*www.amazon.in/Original-Superfast-Charging-Adapter-2021/dp/B08JLNDCX5/
*www.amazon.in/MI-MTCY001IN-USB-Type-C-Cable/dp/B08DDRGWTJ/

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
the no charger movement is the most cancerous woke movement ive ever seen.
Yup, and people are amazing they will buy these phones regardless (me included).

BTW this channel checked a bunch of phones with the mi charger and the samsung note 10 definitely does not get the super fast charging with this charger

Yup, and people are amazing they will buy these phones regardless (me included).

BTW this channel checked a bunch of phones with the mi charger and the samsung note 10 definitely does not get the super fast charging with this charger

That's S10+ & it supports only 15W fast charging (not 25W), which it is indeed pulling w/o issues unlike OP.

Top Bottom