CES 2022 Recap: AMD’s Ryzen ‘Zen 4 / Zen 3D’ & Radeon RX 6000’ Updates, Intel’s 12th Gen ‘Laptop/Desktops’ For Everyone, More NVIDIA RTX 30 GPU's

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
CES 2022 Recap: AMD's Ryzen 'Zen 4 / Zen 3D' & Radeon 'Radeon RX 6000' Updates, Intel's 12th Gen 'Laptop/Desktops' For Everyone, More NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 GPUs

AMD is concentrating more on laptops apparently, but not sure why its not looking for budget desktop CPUs. The i5 11400 was unchallenged, now i5 12600 is similar to R5 5600X at a lower cost, with an iGPU & on a newer platform. ATX B660 mobos can have up to 3 M.2 NVMe slots, which is nice, even though a small feature.

AMD did well to give Intel competition which is good for us as consumers. But they are becoming the new Intel.

K_akash_i

Journeyman
i think am5 would be the big jump , also they do have power efficiency advantage over intel. prolly close to next year we'd be able to get 7000series
the worst part about ces was NVIDIA video which was absolutely boring , they have the same problem like intel cpus where they have gpus which consume high amounts of power ,so they went with the most powerful not power efficient launches.

Last edited:
i think am5 would be the big jump , also they do have power efficiency advantage over intel. prolly close to next year we'd be able to get 7000series
the worst part about ces was NVIDIA video which was absolutely boring , they have the same problem like intel cpus where they have gpus which consume high amounts of power ,so they went with the most powerful not power efficient launches.
Yes, AM5 will be the big jump. But Intel has no competition in a way for the next 6 months or more. I'm not an Intel or AMD fan boy & will prefer companies competing.

K_akash_i

Journeyman
thats currently true yes, their products come at lower price for better value/performance rgt now i guess. no companies will push for more without good competition.i hope intel would be ready for am5 as well.

Top Bottom