Can't update Hike (messenger app) on Mircomax unite 2

A

AniketChavan74234

I am having a problem updating Hike messenger app on my Micromax Unite 2 device.
Whenever i try to update my app i get a error saying "Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again."
the problem is i can't uninstall the app as it is built-in i can only disable it.
even i tried updating when it was disabled but no luck.Please can anyone have any solution for this i emailed my problem to hike support but no word from them yet. PLease help :-?:-(

OP
A

AniketChavan74234

How to do that? N yeah I know I did that mistake :-(

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I am having a problem updating Hike messenger app on my Micromax Unite 2 device.
Whenever i try to update my app i get a error saying "Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again."
the problem is i can't uninstall the app as it is built-in i can only disable it.
even i tried updating when it was disabled but no luck.Please can anyone have any solution for this i emailed my problem to hike support but no word from them yet. PLease help :-?:-(

ignore his "overly bloated crap phones"comment in this case(no offense to saiyangoku)
while its true,the real issue is the mediatek chipset which micromax uses and despite being an inbuilt app,its not fully optimised for mediatek like many other apps
i myself have a lenovo tablet with a mediatek chipset and often have such issues with some apps refusing to even install

OP
A

AniketChavan74234

oh okay. But did u find any solution for that bro? [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION]

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Have you rooted your phone? If yes then you could simply uninstall the previous version and install newer. This way you could also move any other bloatware out of system partition to user area so that it gives you the option of removing them if not needed.

*This could void your warranty. So check before proceeding.*

narendraselot

New to this forum
Got The Solution!! :)

Step 1:
Root your device with kingroot.apk

Step 2:
Install ES file explorer.apk

Step 3:
Open ES file explorer,Authorize Root Permission

Step 4:
Now search for Hike there will be 2 folders or a single folder named Hike delete that folders/folder

Step 5:
Simply install hike.apk
Done you are all set

Top Bottom