cannot install windows xp

kksinkumar

Right off the assembly line
hi,

i bought asus h97me motherboard last week..

i couldn't install windows xp..i can install windows 8.1 ..

help me with a solution.

tanks,
kiran

DK_WD

WD Official
hi,

help me with a solution.

tanks,
kiran

Hi Kiran,

I am glad to help you out. I’d like to check with you, is there any error message when you are installing the Windows XP? Could you give me some more information about that? If possible, please provide a snapshot and the specific error message.

For your information, It may be a compatibility issue because most hardware/software companies may no longer offer drivers to support Win9X/ME/2000/XP.

Hope it helps.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
what kind of answer is that :|

The kind it deserves. XP should be banned really! It's highly outdated and highly insecure OS. There's a reason why old softwares becomes outdated.

"The most important component of evolution is death". Softwares are no different than living beings in this regard.

One can always virtualize XP in case the software which they want to run can't be run on any other platform than XP.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
The kind it deserves. XP should be banned really! It's highly outdated and highly insecure OS. There's a reason why old softwares becomes outdated.

"The most important component of evolution is death". Softwares are no different than living beings in this regard.

One can always virtualize XP in case the software which they want to run can't be run on any other platform than XP.
maybe OP needs XP, let OP first post.

A

amit.tiger12

hi,

help me with a solution.

tanks,
kiran

XP is gone... even Windows 7 DOOM CLOCK countdown starts...
better install 8.1 or latest windows 10 (21st January windows event)

Maybe your xp cd is not working, try installing from USB (Use Rufus software approx 1MB size).
Try installing again with same old cd and tell us what actually you do for installing os.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I don't think XP supports newer hardware.

You'll have better luck installing XP on a VM.

OP
K

kksinkumar

Right off the assembly line
am using intervideo win dvr with xp..its not compatible with windows 8.1..

anyone suggest alternate software like win dvr 3..

- - - Updated - - -

XP is gone... even Windows 7 DOOM CLOCK countdown starts...
better install 8.1 or latest windows 10 (21st January windows event)

Maybe your xp cd is not working, try installing from USB (Use Rufus software approx 1MB size).
Try installing again with same old cd and tell us what actually you do for installing os.

i tried the usb method but its not booting from usb.. i think MB doesnt support XP

A

amit.tiger12

am using intervideo win dvr with xp..its not compatible with windows 8.1..

anyone suggest alternate software like win dvr 3..

- - - Updated - - -

i tried the usb method but its not booting from usb.. i think MB doesnt support XP

use compatibility
goto ".exe" file and right click >properties > compatibility (tab) > check run this program > now try every option like win 8, 7, xp etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Then install Windows XP in a VM like VirtualBox. I did the same thing for my dads old scanner whose drivers were not getting installed on his new laptop.

Top Bottom