Can I use a Riser Card for using my Desktop GPU with Mini PC?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Hello everyone ,can I use a 16x PCI-e Riser Card to attach my AMD Radeon RX560 GPU(without any extra power supply) to attach between my mini PC and Monitor?

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

If possible,then will the setup need an external power supply/smps? Please suggest.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think your GPU will still need the external power connector since that is needed directly by the GPU for functioning.

Not sure what the six-pin socket in that image is for though.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

I think your GPU will still need the external power connector since that is needed directly by the GPU for functioning.

Not sure what the six-pin socket in that image is for though.
I have a spare SMPS 550W from Gigabyte(P550B),thinking of using that as power supply.:chinscratch:

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

You mean a second SMPS to power your GPU? I doubt that would work.
Then how do I get an external power connector?
In fact Radeon RX560 GPU does not have any separate power slot to feed in power,it takes directly from PCI-e X16 slot of Motherboard...

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
In that case, perhaps if the riser itself needs power to run, then you can connect the PSU to it.

Check the manual of the card just to be sure.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

In that case, perhaps if the riser itself needs power to run, then you can connect the PSU to it.

Check the manual of the card just to be sure.
That was also mine own thoughts,Thanks Friend for substantiating the idea. In fact extra pin connectors are present for the power supply, I presume as according to images. Let me see. ARRIVING TODAY THROUGH Amazon.
Let me try at least.

Top Bottom