Call/SMS blocker with no notification

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Did you try Disabling the Notifications under Settings--> Notification?

I have not updated the app for a while.
They might have modified the functionality a bit or it might behave a bit differently on different flavors of Android. On my Redmi 1S MIUI 8, absolutely no ping or popup or tone is heard when it blocks a number. It's totally silent.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Yes it does pattern blocking very well! As a matter of fact I guess you were the one who suggested this app to me long back! I have already mentioned the link to the original discussion in my reply to OP.

See the screenshot. It has multiple ways of blocking numbers. One small observation I have is that it's better to put number as well as number preceded by +91 for better results. e.g. if you are receiving spam calls from say 120 123 xxxx then better to put 120123? as well as +91120123? as a pattern in the block list.

By disabling Notifications you can put the app in total silent mode. However I am not sure if this functionality has been modified by the developer now.

callblock.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes,this is the same app I am using.I thought you were talking about native blocking option found in many phone OS call manager which are usually number based but not pattern based.

@billubakra in settings--notification you can turn off notifications & it will act as mentioned in above post.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Thanks. It works. I was using an app in the meantime which used to block a number, the caller on the other hand instead of hearing one bell/ring and then this abcd number is busy message, used to get no message as such meaning they had no idea that their number was blocked. Just one beep and call disconnected. All they used to think was that there is some network problem. This app doesn't work in Oreo, moreover the developer has ended support years back. Any app like that? Symbian OS used to have tons of apps like these.

Top Bottom