Call of Juarez problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
I recently installed the demo of call of juarez (single player).the game installs perfectly but when i launch, it restarts the PC.video and audio drivers are updated.my system clearly passes the minimum requirement of game.card is 6600gt,1gb ram,3.0ghz processor.

Stalker

Padawan
u may find something useful here:
*www.tweakguides.com/COJ_3.html

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Oh man .. piece of advice ... don't run that game on ur rig ... compare it to something like 1-5 fps ... the game has two levels , and the second one gives <20 fps on 7800GTX SLi'ed rig's ..

Stalker

Padawan
deathvirus_me said:
Oh man .. piece of advice ... don't run that game on ur rig ... compare it to something like 1-5 fps ... the game has two levels , and the second one gives <20 fps on 7800GTX SLi'ed rig's ..

r u serious???? wat does that game need??:confused:

OP
Third Eye

Third Eye

gooby pls
Here is game requirement

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Windows 2000/XP
P IV 2,2GHz/AMD Athlon 2400+ GHz (2,4GHz for Celeron)
512 MB RAM
Video card: nVidia GeForce 6600/ATI Radeon 9800
Sound card DX 9 compatible
700 MB of free space on hard drive
DirectX 9.0c

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM CONFIGURATION:
Windows 2000/XP
Procesador P IV 3GHz/AMD Athlon 3000+ (3GHz for Celeron)
1 GB RAM
Video card: GeForce 6800/ATI Radeon X800
Sound card DX 9 compatible
700 MB of free space on hard drive
DirectX 9.0c

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
if what deathvirus saying is correct , then its serious . the game doesnt look this good to deserve 7800gtx sli to play . Totally rubbish , the game is based on the 3 year old Chrome engine, whatever advancements they have made to it are not sufficient.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
The game concept is awesome. .. but the engine is uber poor .. i mean , trees cast shadows , grasses don't .. yeah rite .. depth of field is not properly implemented , and has a strange focussing region ... Just Cause seems better :D

Stalker

Padawan
well, i had come across such a problem with my TV tuner software........whenever i tried to make it full-screen, the system would restart!

@tech_mastermind
maybe u should try reverting to ur older forceware drivers...81 series.....................worth a shot!!

or.............u CAN try to manually edit the game's cfg file, lower the details & resolution, the tweakguides link might also help..............not sure though whether this will solve ur prob.

Last edited:

Stalker

Padawan
@tech_mastermind
dude, check this out, this guy has almost the same config as u
*www.callofjuarez.com/forumcoj/en/forumShTh.php?SeID=3&ThID=41
maybe an installed program like folderlock in ur sys is causing the prob

Last edited:
OP
Third Eye

Third Eye

gooby pls
he he lol thanks stalker..yes i have folder lock installed but i deleted the whole game with setup in xtreme frustration..kaash tum jaldi aa te.any thanks for the help.

Stalker

Padawan
sorry............but is all this cowboy stuff gud?? Can u suggest me a gud modern combat game, whose req aren't a bomb!! (eg: ghost recon: advanced warfighter.........shocked by the min sys req!!!!)

Last edited:
OP
Third Eye

Third Eye

gooby pls
Stalker said:
sorry............but is all this cowboy stuff gud?? Can u suggest me a gud modern combat game, whose req aren't a bomb!! (eg: ghost recon: advanced warfighter.........shocked by the min sys req!!!!)

Max Payne 1 & 2 will run perfectly on your rig also Hitman 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom