Buying new GPU for Gaming. Suggestions Please

rixon.d9

Journeyman
Hey guys , I want to add graphics card to my below config so I can play all the latest FPS at maxed out settings.
Please recommend . I have shortlisted Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC version. Budget is 30K.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Playing GAMES GAMES such as CALL OF DUTY , FIFA , FAR CRY , GTA and other upcoming games

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 30K.

Intel Core i5 4570 | Gigabyte GA-H87-HD3 | Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600Mhz | ANTEC HCG 620M | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM HDD | Cooler Master HAF 912.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
get the shortlisted Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC version. there is no competition here. get another 4gb ram if possible.

OP
R

rixon.d9

Journeyman
get the shortlisted Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC version. there is no competition here. get another 4gb ram if possible.

Yeah thanks. Most probably will go for it. How abt the 290X? Is it worth the price difference.

Also what are the differences between msi, stock, sapphire and other brands of R9 290

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
currently sapphire tri x offers best cooling for 290. for how much are you getting 290x? do not ever go for stock 290/290x.

OP
R

rixon.d9

Journeyman
currently sapphire tri x offers best cooling for 290. for how much are you getting 290x? do not ever go for stock 290/290x.

The Sapphire R9 290X tri-x costs me 2550AED, 650aed more than R9 290 Tri-X(1900AED) i.e approx 10k more.Out of my budget.
If its worth the upgrade was planning to source it from Australia.

- - - Updated - - -

whats the difference between Tri-X and Vapor X edition?

*www.mwave.com.au/product/sapphire-amd-radeon-r9-290-4gb-overclocked-trix-video-card-ab53420

Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 290 Vapor-X 4GB Overclocked Video Card

Both look same except for GPU clock numbers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom