Buying a new card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shloeb

In the zone
I have this asrock motherboard, *www.asrock.com/mb/vga.asp?Model=775Dual-915GL&s=775

I checked the site and i found these supported cards there. So i have been left with the option of buying a 7600 gt. SO what do u ppl think? For how long can this card last me? Should i buy a 7600 gt or wait for dx10 cards?
I am upgrading from a fx 5200. Can anyone tell me a good deal of this card online? Thanks in advance

evil_maverick

Journeyman
hey every1....
am also lukin to buy to buy a nu card,
my budget is around 7k...
plz suggest a good pcie card widin dat range..
thanx...

Who

Guess Who's Back
ha ! if you guys are planning to buy a DX 10 cards , i would say go buy a 8600 GT from Galaxy they cost around 8K with some overclocking it will come in range with those overpriced GTS cards , it can run most of the latest games on max settings at 1024 x 768 but i recommend you don't wait to buy a mid range DX 10 card, the reason ?

The Ati cards will come out in US around next month or so, they will reach india in july & since ATi doesn't have a strong market like Nvidia in india, you will have a hard time finding them also they will be more overpriced i think, so if you are looking for a good DX 10 card which can play most of the upcoming games at 1024 x 768 with med-high setting i think you should go with a 8600 GT card.

Now if you want to buy a High end DX 10 card then i think you should wait, then you should get high end DX9 card like ATi X1950 XT or Geforce 7900 GTX in second hand, they will help you get through this year since there aren't many major game titles releasing this year except few, so guys can get a good DX 10 card next year .

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I am in the same dilemma but my budget is less than 7000/-. what about 8500 GT card? And can you tell me more about these galaxy cards. Who are their distributer? Will i find an authorized dealer in Chandigarh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom