Budget phone(Non gaming, non camera) for around 15k to 18k

Sparky19

Broken In
1. Budget? = 15k to 18k
2. Display type and size? = Full Hd, Amoled
3. Dual sim? = Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? Any
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? = Camera not a priorty
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc) = Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi).
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? = Multimedia, Internet browsing, OTT apps, phone calls, messages.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? = No
10. Any other info that you want to share

Hi guys, i am looking for a mobile in the price range of 15k to 18k.

Camera not a priority. No games will be played whatsoever.

Phone ll be used primarily for Multimedia content on OTT, YouTube etc. Internet browsing, phone calls and messages.

A smooth lag free performance for my kinda usage and i am happy.

Had a Motorola 6 years ago. Dunno if they are better now. Was not a fan of the stock android back then.

Moved on to Xiaomi Redmi Note series phones ever since with no complaints.

I went through a couple of threads here. Most of the suggestions are for either gaming or camera, both of which are not a priority for me.

So could you all please kindly suggest the Top 3 phones for my kinda usage and the most preferred choice amongst the 3.

Thank you

OP
S

Sparky19

Broken In
Hi guys, i did some research and shortlisted the below phones. Can you all please share your opinion on them

1) Realme Narzo 50 pro
2) Moto G73
3) Moto G82
4) Realme 10 pro
5) Samsung M33/Samsung F14
6) Poco X5

Processors considered M920, M 930, S 695, Exy1330/1280

Hi guys, i did some research and shortlisted the below phones. Can you all please share your opinion on them

1) Realme Narzo 50 pro
2) Moto G73
3) Moto G82
4) Realme 10 pro
5) Samsung M33/Samsung F14
6) Poco X5

Processors considered M920, M 930, S 695, Exy1330/1280
Exynos is an easy no, doesn't matter which model. G73 is my top pick as I mentioned earlier.

1 & 3 are old. G82 can still be considered if you want AMOLED. 1, 4 & 5 will have unnecessary notifications, pushing ads/recommendations. Even Samsung has unnecessary notifications though but its OS is more polished IMO.

For Realme & Poco, UI is not as polished as Samsung but is not a big issue.

Other than G73, my next pick will be Realme 10 pro (as they have faster OS updates than Xiaomi & heck even Moto). Read GSMArena reviews where applicable.

OP
S

Sparky19

Broken In
Exynos is an easy no, doesn't matter which model. G73 is my top pick as I mentioned earlier.

1 & 3 are old. G82 can still be considered if you want AMOLED. 1, 4 & 5 will have unnecessary notifications, pushing ads/recommendations. Even Samsung has unnecessary notifications though but its OS is more polished IMO.

For Realme & Poco, UI is not as polished as Samsung but is not a big issue.

Other than G73, my next pick will be Realme 10 pro (as they have faster OS updates than Xiaomi & heck even Moto). Read GSMArena reviews where applicable.
Thanks for the inputs bro.

As you suggested, both Narzo 50 pro and G82 are old. Considering the two mainly because of the AMOLED screen. And inclined towards Narzo because of the M 920 processor which is the best of the lot from my choices.

Added Poco only because of the AMOLED screen. Not otherwise. As it comes with the same S 695 processor as in Realme 10 pro.

Since none of my previous phones had AMOLED, curious n eager to go for one this time. But if its hardly gonna make a difference then i can skip.

I checked the scores of the chipsets. Here is my inference :

M 920 > M 930 > S 695 = Exynos

So in that order i am considering Narzo 50 pro and G73. Followed by Realme 10 pro.
But Samsung with the discounts available at a much lower price point is adding to the confusion.

Thanks for the inputs bro.

As you suggested, both Narzo 50 pro and G82 are old. Considering the two mainly because of the AMOLED screen. And inclined towards Narzo because of the M 920 processor which is the best of the lot from my choices.

Added Poco only because of the AMOLED screen. Not otherwise. As it comes with the same S 695 processor as in Realme 10 pro.

Since none of my previous phones had AMOLED, curious n eager to go for one this time. But if its hardly gonna make a difference then i can skip.

I checked the scores of the chipsets. Here is my inference :

M 920 > M 930 > S 695 = Exynos

So in that order i am considering Narzo 50 pro and G73. Followed by Realme 10 pro.
But Samsung with the discounts available at a much lower price point is adding to the confusion.
Exynos is worse than S695 in terms of energy efficiency, even thermals.

If you want Samsung, look at F23 5G.

AMOLED is surely the top display tech, but if you move to another LCD, not like you are losing anything. So take your call.

Top Bottom