Best Budget 55" 4K HDR TV for Playstation Gaming

Are you sure it's not DLED and edge LED? Tizen is amazing for sure. There is no point of having android in a TV if all major OTT apps available in Tizen or WebOS. Android TVs are laggy and slower than these. Also bootup time is way long in android.

Some brands like Sony and Toshiba sells TV with full array LED. Does that mean DLED backlighting?

*toshibatv-in.com/toshiba-4k-ultimate-tv-55u7980/

How is this 55" Toshiba model for 48.5k?
Some youtubers gave pretty good review for Toshiba's panel. Its main complaints are OS, lack of WiFi 5GHz, storage & RAM, I think.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Some youtubers gave pretty good review for Toshiba's panel. Its main complaints are OS, lack of WiFi 5GHz, storage & RAM, I think.
You might be confused with Toshiba U5050 as this one is U79, the more premium one. It has dual band wifi with 5Ghz as mentioned on the link I sent.
Linux based VIDAA OS looks quite basic and new and lacks hotstar like major app. RAM won't be issue as it is not an android TV. People compare other OS RAMs with android that takes a hell lot.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Are you sure it's not DLED and edge LED? Tizen is amazing for sure. There is no point of having android in a TV if all major OTT apps available in Tizen or WebOS. Android TVs are laggy and slower than these. Also bootup time is way long in android.
Its not mentioned in its website if its DLED or not.

Toshiba is a very reputed brand. But check with Service centers for the TV and also the OS reviews.

You might be confused with Toshiba U5050 as this one is U79, the more premium one. It has dual band wifi with 5Ghz as mentioned on the link I sent.
Linux based VIDAA OS looks quite basic and new and lacks hotstar like major app. RAM won't be issue as it is not an android TV. People compare other OS RAMs with android that takes a hell lot.
Yup, got confused. That one even has FALD & claim 700nits of peak brightness, damn. Considering lack of apps in that OS, you will likely have to get something like Mi Box 4K or Fire Stick 4K if you want to consume content without mirroring or using a web browser.

That one looks great on paper, sadly no reviews. Considering its lower model was praised for its panel, it should be even better.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Yup, got confused. That one even has FALD & claim 700nits of peak brightness, damn. Considering lack of apps in that OS, you will likely have to get something like Mi Box 4K or Fire Stick 4K if you want to consume content without mirroring or using a web browser.

That one looks great on paper, sadly no reviews. Considering its lower model was praised for its panel, it should be even better.
As per hifi vision forum. It is rebranded Hisense H8F You can check the review here.
One should definitely need Firestick 4k to get access with apps. Some people are complaining the dolby vision doesn't work in all apps via stick.
And it's bummer to not having HDMI 2.1. Maybe all 60Hz panels doesn't come with HDMI 2.1. Not sure.
When it was launched it was 47k priced with 3 years of warranty. It's available for 48.5k on reliance digital but not deliverable in my region.
I called local shops they have no idea about Toshiba TVs. It's unavailable on amazon as well.

Last edited:
OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Its not mentioned in its website if its DLED or not.

Toshiba is a very reputed brand. But check with Service centers for the TV and also the OS reviews.
Not considering that now because I already have VU 4K Pixellight and it's DLED with 450 nit brightness. Though when I watch some sports and fast moving backlit is visible though vertically in my VU.
Toshiba services are pretty fine and maybe common with Hisense as both brands are owned by Hisense electronics.

Here is the reply of Samsung customer care through email. My questions are very technical for them to even understand.
6500A1AB-5F3D-4C68-B174-66ABCF137A66.jpeg

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The Samsung TV doesn't have Local dimming so HDR content won't look great. and its 60Hz panel.
I think its ELED otherwise samsung would have mentioned it in their Specs which they do so for all the high-end DLED panels above 100K price

As per hifi vision forum. It is rebranded Hisense H8F You can check the review here.
One should definitely need Firestick 4k to get access with apps. Some people are complaining the dolby vision doesn't work in all apps via stick.
And it's bummer to not having HDMI 2.1. Maybe all 60Hz panels doesn't come with HDMI 2.1. Not sure.
When it was launched it was 47k priced with 3 years of warranty. It's available for 48.5k on reliance digital but not deliverable in my region.
I called local shops they have no idea about Toshiba TVs. It's unavailable on amazon as well.
The review seems good actually for a 50k TV, better than Panasonic GX750 that my parents have for sure. HDMI 2.1 is a new standard & only found in top TVs, that Samsung Frame is surely an exception to have it under 1 lakh in India. Many 1 lakh+ TVs don't have HDMI 2.1. It is only required for 4K at 120fps, so why add it if you don't have 120Hz panel?

Not considering that now because I already have VU 4K Pixellight and it's DLED with 450 nit brightness. Though when I watch some sports and fast moving backlit is visible though vertically in my VU.
Toshiba services are pretty fine and maybe common with Hisense as both brands are owned by Hisense electronics.

Here is the reply of Samsung customer care through email. My questions are very technical for them to even understand.
1. No way DLED, should be edge lit
3. If they haven't mentioned something like motion 100Hz or like that, then its 60Hz with MEMC. As said earlier, not everyone has good MEMC implementation, like that HiSense one doesn't (mentioned in rtings review)
4. 8 bit + FRC (No way you will find true 10bit, even rtings list 8bit + FRC as 10 bit).
5. Yes

It's not worth wasting their time on you. Samsung will move TVs regardless of your purchase. This is why most reviewers don't get review units for budget TVs, most likely they are inferior to cheap Samsung/LG ones (as I said, educated guess) & they wouldn't want that info easily available in open. Check RU7100 & RU7470 reviews, no way Wondertainment series is better than those.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
1. No way DLED, should be edge lit
3. If they haven't mentioned something like motion 100Hz or like that, then its 60Hz with MEMC. As said earlier, not everyone has good MEMC implementation, like that HiSense one doesn't (mentioned in rtings review)
4. 8 bit + FRC (No way you will find true 10bit, even rtings list 8bit + FRC as 10 bit).
5. Yes

It's not worth wasting their time on you. Samsung will move TVs regardless of your purchase. This is why most reviewers don't get review units for budget TVs, most likely they are inferior to cheap Samsung/LG ones (as I said, educated guess) & they wouldn't want that info easily available in open. Check RU7100 & RU7470 reviews, no way Wondertainment series is better than those.
I have crap down the idea of purchasing that wonderainment TV by samsung. Now just considering U79 by Toshiba but that unavailable and the Frame TV 2020 model in BBD sale.

I have crap down the idea of purchasing that wonderainment TV by samsung. Now just considering U79 by Toshiba but that unavailable and the Frame TV 2020 model in BBD sale.
Maybe they will sweeten the deal just enough for you to increase your budget over 50k :p

Top Bottom