Best battery for Xbox Controller

setanjan123

In the zone
I recently got a Xbox Series controller for my PC. It came with a couple Duracell batteries and they have finally ran out.

Debating between getting Duracell rechargeable batteries (1300mah AA) and a charger or just grab the plug and play kit that has a li ion battery.

Any suggestions as to which would be better in terms of battery backup and general longetivity.

I bought the original xbox one for 1.7k because I can charge it easily via type C cable. Enloops are good otherwise, said to last longer than original battery as well. Enloops are also said to be better than Duracell in terms of charge discharge cycles.

4x enloop + its charger was costing similar to original xbox battery, hence went with latter for convenience.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The absolute best thing about xbox controllers is the fact that they preserved AA battery usage for 3 generations. When all companies are trying to build products that have planned obsoleteness, this is such a wonderful thing. In theory, an xbox controller can last a decade. Its parts are quite easily available too if you would like to solder and both xbox one controller and series controller share the same parts, so overall it will last much longer too.

The absolute best thing about xbox controllers is the fact that they preserved AA battery usage for 3 generations. When all companies are trying to build products that have planned obsoleteness, this is such a wonderful thing. In theory, an xbox controller can last a decade. Its parts are quite easily available too if you would like to solder and both xbox one controller and series controller share the same parts, so overall it will last much longer too.
I agree. Even if my xbox's original battery goes bad in few years, replacing it is easy.

Some people mentioned PS5's inbuilt battery is a pro, I disagree.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
Yeah one of the reasons why I went with it over the Dualsense. The adaptive features don't even work on PC wirelessly and then there's the battery life and compatibility.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
Get panasonic eneloops. 4x of them and a slow charger and you are absolutely golden.
I have been using for a couple of years.
I got Duracell 1300mah batteries and the eneloop charger. I've been charging for more than 10 hours now id say. Is it usually this slow?

Top Bottom