AVG secure search installed virus in my computer

Aakarshan

In the zone
Last night i have installed a Iso software with a Typical Download Manager,With that a AVG secure search came.which i have also installed on my computer.After that my firefox crashed and i closed my laptop immedietely.
After that my laptop started hanging and stopped on boot screen,after that somehow i got access to my laptop.but after that there's a weird issue came up
The open/save dialog in 3rd party apps like firefox,facebook,other softwares doesn't come up and even i can't upload something on facebook.

I Searched AVG search in C drive in program files and after that i found it's folder.and i found a uninstall application,but on clicking that not starting and that cannot uninstall this AVG search.
*i.imgur.com/rCz72Tm.png

Also i have seen that it is refusing many downloads on my firefox.Saying that it contain virus,but that never happened before.

I have noticed some dll hosts are running on my laptop and cpu usage has also changed.

A weird software is also running which i can not close atieclxx.exe.

Ran Malwarebytes and Adware Removal Scan but nothing seems to be found.

Pls Help.

First uninstall AVG with Revo Uninstaller
Then, with clean and repair your registry. (you can try Glary Utilities )
Install Avast Antivirus(free) and scan your whole pc.
In Msconfig disable unwanted and unless startup programs.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Uninstall AVG Toolbar, home page and Secure Sear... | AVG
Remove "AVG Secure Search" redirect (Virus Removal Guide)

for future reference always read/see options carefully before clicking next for any software install.

OP
A

Aakarshan

In the zone
Tried every thing and many things. Now i have lost the control on the start and boot up menu.not a single function of boot up menu working.
Now i want to file a case against Avg.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Try to restore your system to the point before you tried anything to remove the AVG search bar. report back if this works. further steps would be helpful only after this.

Edit: try restoring it to before you installed the ISO software and the download manager.

OP
A

Aakarshan

In the zone
Yes, I would safe and don't tell me you have important files and documents in C drive....did u?

No i don't have any important files or documents in C drive, but i have some movie collection in c drive.or some files.some softwares also .

- - - Updated - - -

Try to restore your system to the point before you tried anything to remove the AVG search bar. report back if this works. further steps would be helpful only after this.

Edit: try restoring it to before you installed the ISO software and the download manager.
I can't access to launch startup menu it is showing blank screen after click.

^^ Try to copy them into other drive using linux bootable live cd

- - - Updated - - -

If could restore via restore point that would be best

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
It is not from boot menu. Keep your finger on the F8 key while the boot menu is showing and as soon as boot menu disappears start repeatedly hitting it until a safe mode menu appears or Windows boots into safe mode.

Also see:
How To Start Windows 7 in Safe Mode [Easy, 5 Minutes]
3 Ways to Start Windows in Safe Mode - wikiHow

OP
A

Aakarshan

In the zone
It is not from boot menu. Keep your finger on the F8 key while the boot menu is showing and as soon as boot menu disappears start repeatedly hitting it until a safe mode menu appears or Windows boots into safe mode.

Also see:
How To Start Windows 7 in Safe Mode [Easy, 5 Minutes]
3 Ways to Start Windows in Safe Mode - wikiHow
Not a single thing from boot up screen working tried everything including safe mode.

Top Bottom