Any way to temp root phone

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Is there any way to temporarily gain root access in Android phones with kitkat?
On my friends Celkon A35k phone, we are trying to overwrite bootup-tune mp3 file as it's too loud, and plays at start up even if the phone was earlier on silent when powered off.

Since it's under System folder the write access is denied. Is there any tweak by which this file could be overwritten.
The same file was pulled on pc and modified in a wave editor to reduce the volume. Now when it comes to pushing it on phone, it wont allow. we don't intend to permanently root the phone.

ankush28

Bazinga
You can temporary root an android...But those exploits depends on phone to phone and may not work with your device. After you've installed SU successfully mount /system using ADB and push file to appropriate folder.

[STRIKE]Or Try these commands... if works! AT YOUR OWN RISK

Code:
adb shell mount -o -rw /system
[/STRIKE]

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
Temporary root not advised. Always do the full root and unroot by flashing the stock rom.

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Ok..all right. As such I am a noob when it comes to Android phone..so have some basic doubts here.
Is there any way to create ROM backup on our own.

I see some sites like androidxda offering stock ROM download for this celkon a35k model. Is it a usual way to get stock rom just in case

ankush28

Bazinga
Ok..all right. As such I am a noob when it comes to Android phone..so have some basic doubts here.
Is there any way to create ROM backup on our own.

I see some sites like androidxda offering stock ROM download for this celkon a35k model. Is it a usual way to get stock rom just in case

Most popular manufacturers provide all sources, ROMs and firmware, but I am sure celkon doesn't so you have to rely on other developers. Don't root just because the startup sound is bit loud.

Top Bottom