Any way to restrict sites from detecting I'm logged in to gmail?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I already have ublock origin installed. Usually this is a problem with Indian websites. Never encountered this on international websites.
For example, if you logged into gmail this site
India may cut duties on 80% of Chinese imports under RCEP
will block you with a popup on the top right corner asking you to sign in with gmail.
Any way to restrict this? If I use the manual filter on uBlock origin it won't won't unlock the scrolling on the page. Happens on Chrome and Firefox.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try nano defender & nano adblocker in combination with ublock origin.It seems that on many sites nano defender+nano adblocker succeeded in fooling site's detection of any ad blocker running resulting in not seeing any anti-adblocker measure from site.

OP
chimera201

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
It's not an anti adblocker issue. It's a login with gmail popup. Several indian websites do this. Haven't encountered this on most international sites (well it's probably because i only visit the good sites).

It's becoming harder to adblock on indian sites. Manual adblocking of ads works for like a week and they change something in the website and it comes back. No permanent solution. Detecting my gmail account was the tipping point to make this post. Man Indians are 10 times more advanced than developed countries when it comes to shitty stuff like this.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
A simple solution would be to use a portable browser(waterfox/palemoon/firefox) specifically for google related services. I suggested nano(I am assuming you are already using it) because I thought may be the way these sites detect your gmail login is similar to how sites detect adblockers.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Firefox has containers now. FB is disabled if you enable it. Facebook Container - Prevent Facebook from tracking you on other websites | Firefox Help
For google you can try this fork: Google Container – Get this Extension for Firefox (en-US)

OP
chimera201

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Firefox has containers now. FB is disabled if you enable it. Facebook Container - Prevent Facebook from tracking you on other websites | Firefox Help
For google you can try this fork: Google Container – Get this Extension for Firefox (en-US)

That looks like something that would work. Too bad I don't use Firefox as my main browser :(

On another note have you guys not encountered this issue? This has been there for some months. I mean like detecting my gmail address without my permission is clear violation of privacy. I have double checked what sites have access to my gmail address and indian websites aren't among the list direct or indirectly. And any searching on google on this issue doesn't have any results. Indians don't really care about privacy :( On the other hand there's a lot of search results about how to bypass adblockers lol. The Indian IT population is too damn high.

Edit: Ok wait this is something google itself has provided and not some loophole. The info is contained in an iframe and i guess it is not accessible by the site itself.
Provide sign-in hints to a user  |  Smart Lock for Passwords on Android

Still an annoying thing.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just note that noscript also got a "quantum version" because of compatibility with quantum firefox & its design is completely different from the old usual noscript(I use the older version btw because its last old version is still maintained though not as updated as quantum version).

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
That looks like something that would work. Too bad I don't use Firefox as my main browser :(
Still an annoying thing.
If you use Chrome, you provide them the permission to get your data as standard when you install. FF has been far superior to Chrome in the past 4-5 years I'd say and their recent privacy enhancing endeavors is just the icing on the cake for users.

OP
chimera201

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
If you use Chrome, you provide them the permission to get your data as standard when you install. FF has been far superior to Chrome in the past 4-5 years I'd say and their recent privacy enhancing endeavors is just the icing on the cake for users.

I know that but Firefox has a serious performance problem at 4K resolution with 200% dpi scaling.

Top Bottom