Any call blocker with Wildcard pattern blocking?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Hi,
I am looking for a preferably free Call Blocker app for Android phone (I have Redmi 1S MIUI 8)that is capable of blocking calls without need for a block list in such a way where the number starts with a pattern like a wildcard search.

Every week I receive about a dozens of automated calls (Either informational like renew your subscription or promotional like subscribe to this channel) from Videocon D2H originating from +91 120xxxxxxx. So far I have blocked over 50 odd numbers but the next call comes from a new number with this pattern.

Looks like Videocon D2H has thousands of such numbers in their stock. This is a one way number, calling on this number does not work. It automatically gets dropped.
Internet search points to an app call Embware callblocker on google play. It's paid about Rs 300 but most reviews are very bad.

In case anyone has any idea about such an app, do share. Thanks.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Have you registered for dnd? If yes, you should pick up the call once ask them to stop calling you from now on and record it as well.

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I have done that many a times! DND does not work nor calling customer care.

IMHO they do it purposely and when matter escalates they blame it on to technical glitch.
With my Vodafone number porting from Mumbai to Pune, they said it will be activated in 15 minutes but they took over 15 days. When I made a lot of noise they said it was a technical glitch.

Last thing I am going to do is write to CEO of D2H!

BTW I read somewhere that Truecaller can also block wildcard numbers, but I am yet to try that myself.

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
@whitestar_999
Yes..Calls Blacklist - Call Blocker works well with 'Number begins with' option.
Preferably select alphanumeric pattern and may also need to prefix +CountyCode e.g. +91 before wildcard to work it correctly.
I tested with my another number and a spare phone. Best part is that the call is instantly blocked, the caller does not hear that one one ring before the 'Number is busy response'. So caller does not get any clue that they are blocked, unlike how one ring is heard before disconnection with default Android.
Thanks.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Cyanogen Mod had that inbuilt feature of wildcard call blocking.
and I think many custom ROMs have that feature.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I have done that many a times! DND does not work nor calling customer care.

IMHO they do it purposely and when matter escalates they blame it on to technical glitch.
With my Vodafone number porting from Mumbai to Pune, they said it will be activated in 15 minutes but they took over 15 days. When I made a lot of noise they said it was a technical glitch.

Last thing I am going to do is write to CEO of D2H!

BTW I read somewhere that Truecaller can also block wildcard numbers, but I am yet to try that myself.

All over India it is a technical glitch-
Pathetic policy of vodafone

Top Bottom