Antec EAG PRO

daemon1

Journeyman
I wanted to buy Corsair CX 550 but as its out of stock and not sure when it will be back, I have decided to increase my budget and get Antec EAG 650 PRO at around 7k
*www.vedantcomputers.com/pc-compone...ied-650-watt-semi-modular-gaming-power-supply

The confusion I have is from this page : [psucultists] PSU Tier List

Earthwatts is mentioned in both tier A and tier D, How to ensure I am not buying Chinese version? or am I reading it wrong?

Also how is Corsair TX 550 when compared to Antec earthwatts 650 its around 8k, my usage is around 400w but and I was looking for 550 watt but due to non availability I am now moving to 650
*mdcomputers.in/corsair-tx550m-80-plus-gold-semi-modular-cp-9020133-uk.html

quicky008

Technomancer
txm 550 is not bad but its highly overpriced at the moment,i had purchased it in 2018 and it had costed me around 5k.

I think the version of EAG pro 650 being sold on vedant etc will be the standard edition of it,not the version made specially for chinese markets.

what are the specs of your pc?

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman
txm 550 is not bad but its highly overpriced at the moment,i had purchased it in 2018 and it had costed me around 5k.

I think the version of EAG pro 650 being sold on vedant etc will be the standard edition of it,not the version made specially for chinese markets.

what are the specs of your pc?
16 GB RAM, 1650 Super, x570, yet to buy processor (due to shortage but max 20k I can invest)

dropped TX from my list, guess I would go for CX 650

Last edited:
16 GB RAM, 1650 Super, x570, yet to buy processor (due to shortage but max 20k I can invest)

dropped TX from my list, guess I would go for CX 650
Did you already buy an X570 mobo?

Not sure how to check for Chinese variants. You can also look for CM MWE Gold at that budget. I know a guy who bought Antech HCG 750W Gold for 7.6k locally from Mumbai, so maybe search locally or small sellers online.

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman
I see lot of options in around 7-8k range, if I ignore the minor price difference which among these should be purchased? Antec gold, Asus gold, CM Gold? warranty wise I see Asus is best, how is service availability, which one has premium material etc. Corsair TXM gold is above 9K so that is out of equation.

only around 4-5k which is good range for most of the users we do not have much competition but availability of good unit is a problem

yes have taken MSI tomahawk, wanted to buy 3600x but its no longer available, so if if nothing I will buy 3100 for now.

I see lot of options in around 7-8k range, if I ignore the minor price difference which among these should be purchased? Antec gold, Asus gold, CM Gold? warranty wise I see Asus is best, how is service availability, which one has premium material etc. Corsair TXM gold is above 9K so that is out of equation.

only around 4-5k which is good range for most of the users we do not have much competition but availability of good unit is a problem

yes have taken MSI tomahawk, wanted to buy 3600x but its no longer available, so if if nothing I will buy 3100 for now.
What's done is done, but IMO you overspent on the mobo, the 5-7k extra you spent could have been better utilized for a better GPU or CPU. A lesson for the future maybe.

Corsair TX650M used to be under 7.5k, but not anymore. I don't have much idea about after sales but considering size of the company, CM might have a better presence than Antec. Considering R5 3600 + GTX 1650S, even a ~500W bronze rated PSU is sufficient.

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman
What's done is done, but IMO you overspent on the mobo, the 5-7k extra you spent could have been better utilized for a better GPU or CPU. A lesson for the future maybe.
I know, I have never taken MB this costly but I went ahead and bought because it has everything latest and with good reviews. The other problem is that even If I could have got 450 or 550 the amount saved around 6-7 wouldn't have given much option in GPU or CPU, might have got 1660S at best.
btw, I guess you are suggesting 450 VDI MOBO right?

Corsair TX650M used to be under 7.5k, but not anymore. I don't have much idea about after sales but considering size of the company, CM might have a better presence than Antec. Considering R5 3600 + GTX 1650S, even a ~500W bronze rated PSU is sufficient.
ok, guess I need to pickup what's available.

Not sure why there is shortage for multiple components.

I know, I have never taken MB this costly but I went ahead and bought because it has everything latest and with good reviews. The other problem is that even If I could have got 450 or 550 the amount saved around 6-7 wouldn't have given much option in GPU or CPU, might have got 1660S at best.
btw, I guess you are suggesting 450 VDI MOBO right?

ok, guess I need to pickup what's available.

Not sure why there is shortage for multiple components.
For mobo, MSI B550M Pro VDH WiFi at 12k would have been sufficient. I'd recommend X570 Tomahawk if you are into OC with Ryzen 9. That B550 I suggested should handle even R9 at stock w/o OC. For gaming, 1650S to 1660S would have helped a lot, the extra 20% or so is helpful in the long run.

Considering overpriced AMD CPUs, instead of going for R5 3600X + X570 Tomahawk (20k+20k), an i5 10400 + B460M Pro VDH (16k + 10k) would have helped save close to 14k & that was sufficient to make the jump to RTX 2060 (26k) for GPU. Would have been a great gaming PC for years to come. The i5 10400 is 10% or so inferior to R5 3600 but high costs of 3600 is helping to make a case for Intel.

Imports from China have been affected & there's apparently lower supply as well. It might be just price gauging at this point or maybe actual increased demand due to more people staying at home. Not sure.

Top Bottom