Annoying Message on SE w700i

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalpressure

Right off the assembly line
Since last week or so, myself and all my friends using Sony Ericsson handsets, getting either of the following two messages while making – receiving any calls. There is no effect on the call though, but the message is very annoying.

“Ciphering not provided by Operator. Insecure Transmission”

“Diverted Unknown”

As I have checked on the internet and on many forums, maximum sony ericsson users using Hutch as their carrier getting similar messages. Is it because of debranding or some firmware issue from Hutch end???

I do understand that Ciphering is basically an encryption for user’s conversation so no one can listen it while we make or receive a call. The reason behind it may be Hutch’s firmware probably suppressed the message from appearing.

Please reply to enable us to get rid off the annoying messages.

Thanks in Advance.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i'm hearing this problem for the first time. neither me nor anybody else i know haf faced this prob. and i'm a hutch user. i think u mebbe rite. it may happen only on debranded phones. just goto hutch teleshop (not the francieses) and ask them.

OP
D

digitalpressure

Right off the assembly line
infra_red_dude said:
i'm hearing this problem for the first time. neither me nor anybody else i know haf faced this prob. and i'm a hutch user. i think u mebbe rite. it may happen only on debranded phones. just goto hutch teleshop (not the francieses) and ask them.

Am very annoyed of this weird thing actually. I went to Hutch Gallery and they said that I need to check my handset setting for this. In the phone manual, whenever an exclamation mark in a triangle appears while making or receiving call, ciphering is not provided by Operator. Apart from this, nothing is explained or there is no setting in the phone to turn it off.

Calling all the technical stalwarts to solve this strange issue please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom