In the zone
1. Budget?
Less than 15k
2. Display type and size?
Around 4.5inches
3. Dual sim?
Not really needed
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Motorola. Xiaomi is fine, but not sure about ASS and software.
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Decent camera
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
3G minimum
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Internet, Whatsapp, hardly any gaming, listening to music, not much camera, reddit, twitter
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Moto E2015, MotoG2013
10. Any other info that you want to share
Small phone size, around the size of the Moto G(2013)/MotoX(2013). Maximum Nexus 5
Would like Stock Android, guarantee of updates, and developer support would be nice (XDA, CM, PAC)
I dont mind a thick phone, but it should not be bulky and easy to use in one hand.

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
Moto G is only option with stock android and <5.5" screen. Else you can consider Yureka/Yuphoria too.

Should I buy the 2013 MotoG for 9k, or the 2015 MotoE 4G for 8k?

The MotoE has a lower res display (good quality though), no flash, worse cameras and worse dev support.
The Moto G is older, slower CPU, worse battery life.

- - - Updated - - -

Moto G is only option with stock android and <5.5" screen. Else you can consider Yureka/Yuphoria too.

How is the Xiaomi Mi4i? Heating etc? OS updates?

Should I buy the 2013 MotoG for 9k, or the 2015 MotoE 4G for 8k?

The MotoE has a lower res display (good quality though), no flash, worse cameras and worse dev support.
The Moto G is older, slower CPU, worse battery life.

- - - Updated - - -

How is the Xiaomi Mi4i? Heating etc? OS updates?

Mi 4i will get MIUI updates for atleast a year or two...... It has a great display & camera for its price...... Heating issues have been allegedly resolved in update

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
Mi 4i will get MIUI updates for atleast a year or two...... It has a great display & camera for its price...... Heating issues have been allegedly resolved in update

I don't like MIUI. Stock ROMs should be out soon right? How is the after sales service?

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
There will be CM ports once the sources are released, but since the Mi4i has been released in limited countries, there will be so many less developers.

Top Bottom