Android - How to handover the phone to another person preserving installed apps but clearing all personal information?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I am planning to give my Moto G60 to my mother. I want to clear all my personal data from the device and remove my Google ID and change the primary as mother's Google ID. How do I go about this?

Resetting the phone means having to re-install everything which I do not want to.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think doing a factory reset would be a much more painless solution in this case. I haven't tried this myself but you could try this for SMS and contacts: Go to the apps list, long press the appropriate app then select the option to clear data. This should essentially make the app like a fresh install.

Is the phone rooted? If it's rooted you could backup all your apps using Titanium Backup and then restore them after doing a factory reset.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Clearing data does that for individual apps.

I can reinstall apps but some of them are from f-droid, some apks. So it is just a hassle. Also some like streaming apps need no change.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Try connecting your phone using ADB AppControl. Then it would be quite easy to reset apps from right within your laptop/PC.

I am planning to give my Moto G60 to my mother. I want to clear all my personal data from the device and remove my Google ID and change the primary as mother's Google ID. How do I go about this?

Resetting the phone means having to re-install everything which I do not want to.
Just remove Google account from phone & reset app data for apps you used. This is what I'm doing, recently bought F23 for my mother, set it up myself using my secondary Google account & will be sending it to her later.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
but some of them are from f-droid, some apks
Looks like a job for Titanium Backup, but unfortunately it requires root to work. It will backup all your apps regardless of source into an archive on your phone's storage that you can copy to your PC, then factory reset your phone (or rather flash a ROM again since you would probably already have an unlocked bootloader if your phone is rooted) and then copy it back and restore it.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Just remove Google account from phone & reset app data for apps you used. This is what I'm doing, recently bought F23 for my mother, set it up myself using my secondary Google account & will be sending it to her later.
Is it possible to remove the primary account before adding another? If I add the second account and then remove first, it seems possible based on internet research so far. But I am slightly worried about possible data overlap.

Is it possible to remove the primary account before adding another? If I add the second account and then remove first, it seems possible based on internet research so far. But I am slightly worried about possible data overlap.
Yes, android runs without a Google account.

Top Bottom