Akasa Launches Raspberry Pi 4 Case With Custom Thermal Kit

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The Raspberry Pi 4 is a little powerhouse of a single board computer that can run quite hot. Akasa wants to keep it cool with a new aluminum case.

The Raspberry Pi 4 is by far the most powerful Pi, but that also means the single board computer runs quite hot and can struggle with overheating without active cooling. Akasa aims to solve that problem with its new Pi-4 case.

Back in 2017, Akasa launched a case for the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B which included a thermal kit. The Raspberry Pi 4 case looks to be an update on that design and it also includes a custom thermal kit to keep the little desktop computer from getting too hot.
The thermal kit combined with the aluminum outer case conducts heat away from the processor, GPU, and the USB 3.0 chipset, all without blocking any of the external connectors. But how good is it at cooling?

According to the video above, the Raspbery Pi 4 can exceed 75 degrees Celsius without a case when under load. However, with the thermal kit and case fitted, Akasa claims to keep the temperature closer to 50 degrees. An impressive 34 percent drop.

Installing the Pi 4 in this case couldn't be simpler using the included heatsinks and sticky thermal paste strips. It's a five-minute job. It doesn't cost very much, with the case priced below $30. If you want to mount your Pi out of the way, it's also possible to purchase an optional rail or wall mounting kit for the case.

Source: Akasa Launches Raspberry Pi 4 Case With Custom Thermal Kit

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Convert dumb tv to smart one and also serve as an occasional htpc for parents. (only movies or shows)

ICE Tower looks best so far but is expensive.
Yeah, that is a usecase where you will need to cool it down.. Hardware transcoding requires way too much power and heat generation.. if your usecase was NAS then it wouldnt require cooling, passive is enough

Nerevarine

Incarnate
US $5.38 20% OFF|Aokin For Raspberry Pi 3 Acrylic Clear Case with Cooling Fan Aluminum Heatsink Kit for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, 2B, B+-in Demo Board Accessories from Computer & Office on AliExpress - 11.11_Double 11_Singles' Day

This is what I use with mine..

Top Bottom