4k Graphics card query

surya_sapui

In the zone
Hi Guys,

I recently buy a new TV sony Bravia kd-55x9000e & want to connect through Pc. Main purpose HD Cinema & 4k movie.
But I already have HD graphics card ATI HD 4850. Can this GPU support & deliver 4k content or require a new 4k GPU.

Kindly suggest...

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

OP
S

surya_sapui

In the zone
1. What is the intended use for this graphic card ? Gaming or workstation work?
Ans:4k & HD movies

2. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans:Corsair 650 watt

3. What is your Max budget ?
Ans: Not Decided

4. Which Screen resolution will you game at (if applicable)?
Ans:4k

5. What are your current computer specifications ?
Ans:core 2 duo 3ghz, Ram 12 gb ddr3, Hdd 1tb. Msi motherboard.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Even entry level 9xx series Nvidia will be able to play videos at 4K I think. Though I am not sure about the 10bit capabilities of these. Otherwise GT 1030 should be good enough I think.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Going by your graphic card spec...
NO, it won't support 4k movie/video playback. You have to get a new GPU. BUT...

I am using GT710 for about a year now, though my purpose is to connect multiple monitors not 4k playback. I am using Core 2 Duo E8400 and G31 chipset board. At least few times everyday, my display crashes. I have tried many troubleshoot options, have RMAed. Nothing works. My guess is that old generation CPU/system and new gen graphic don't work fine and that's the view of some of the members here as well. Some claims it's working fine for them. It's more like a coin toss. It works for some and it gives some troubles for others. My suggestion would be don't buy a new gen GPU.

If you have content in hard disk, move to pendrive or external disk and plug it in your TV and watch the content.

Top Bottom