2 Ton window AC for a hot room

kartikoli

Busy!!
I have used voltas 2ton AC for around 5 yrs but then it started giving problems so last year purchased Hitachi 1.5Ton AC which turn out to be a big mistake as the room is too hot for 1.5ton AC anyways so now I'll have to sell it on Olx and buy a new 2ton AC, since I know voltas worked pretty well so I am in a market to buy a new AC.

Budget - depend on the quality and service of the product as I Dont mind spending bit extra for a quality product.

Please advice

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
I was considering O General 2Ton Window AC but I dont know if it still comes with the quality which is famous for the brand or they have compromised. Can anyone comment on the latest models?

Dr. House

No Regrets
I was considering O General 2Ton Window AC but I dont know if it still comes with the quality which is famous for the brand or they have compromised. Can anyone comment on the latest models?

O-general is the A+ in terms of quality. They may raise their prices but never down their quality and class.
For cheaper option Carrier is also A grade, comes with good quality pure copper parts.

Dr. House

No Regrets
AXGT24AATH - 2.0 Ton (1 star)
or
Estrella Plus Online | Window AC Price & Specifications - Carrier Midea (3 star)

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Never buy a Carrier. Their quality has gone down the drain. There's nothing called a O General but Fujitsu General, good ACs but comes with very very bad after sales support. Your options up here in North should be the amazing 2 tonner Inverter ACs from Hitachi Daikin or Sharp. Among the three if you are looking for outright quality cooling and performance then your best option is the Sharp AH-XP24MV. The unit comes totally imported and cools like a freezer! For Hitachi look at their exceptionally good Kashikoi range of Inverters. Excellent cooling ,top notch build quality and cooling after the Sharp. Daikins are great but of late they have spare parts availability issues and their after sales support is going down. Why Inverter splits because even if you use the 12 hrs+ a day they won't consume more than Rs 2000 worth of electricity! And a two ton inverter ac cools like a 2.5-2.8 ton conventional ac.

But if you insist on window ac get the Hitachi RAV222HUD .

Last edited:
OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Thanks for the advices but I dont want to take a hassle of filling wall hole that will be visible if I opt for split AC and If i do that then the distance between the machine and blower will be quite long for split AC. which I think will reduce the performance. I think I am stuck with Window AC only. I got a bad experience with Hitachi so not looking for that as well. Is there a good Sharp Window AC or any good inverter AC (window)

Dr. House

No Regrets
Thanks for the advices but I dont want to take a hassle of filling wall hole that will be visible if I opt for split AC and If i do that then the distance between the machine and blower will be quite long for split AC. which I think will reduce the performance. I think I am stuck with Window AC only. I got a bad experience with Hitachi so not looking for that as well. Is there a good Sharp Window AC or any good inverter AC (window)

Don't even think once to buy Sharp. Nobody buys that brand in India. Have you ever seen sharp AC? Cooling is great but the after sales service is so bad, done by mechanics who work for other companies, remain busy. One of my friend suffered after purchasing. Carrier is genuine brand for quality. It certify it with 100% copper. The didn't drain their quality like others who use Aluminium. Also big no to daikin because of pathetic and expensive service.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

Sharp dosnt manufacture 2 Ton window acs. Your choice is either a Hitachi but since you don't like them you can opt for General which are excellent but do enquire the dealer about after sales support.

Stay away from Carrier they no more use Tecumseh or Goodman compressors but cheap Chinese Midea compressors which has serious issues in the long run eg after 2 years or less. There's nothing wrong with all aluminium condensers/tubing and Copper tubing as long as copper u bends and inter connectors are joined with an alloy or nickel a tech that was unknown even a few years ago and was invented by Trane(GE/Goodman) All car ACs which work under far higher temperatures than home ACs use all aluminium carnicular tubing (Sharp uses the same tech)for a reason. Copper conducts , Alluminum dissipate ,since for cooling in case for ac dissipation is important aluminium works best but the problem arises again because of noobs not vacuuming the copper outdoor/indoor connector and the oxygen left inside reacts with R410 refrigerant and hence leaks over time. Just make sure whatever the case for excellent cooling vacuuming and I dilation taping is a must.

I hope I have helped you with the little I know,don't listen to noobs or sales guys they will just misguide you without valid scientific but pathetic laughable reasons.

Im using a Sharp inverter, Hitachis and Carriers. I bought the Sharp because a friend of mine us using it without a hitch for the last 8 years. Its a Japanese giant who makes the LCD panels that Sony Apple and Xiaomi uses.,makes one of the best refrigators and microwaves money can buy...just an example!

Just take a little time out to read this ,it will really benefit you *www.digit.in/forum/consumer-electr...18mv-1-5ton-eco-inverter-air-conditioner.html

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Very happy with mitsubishi 2 tonne. Sends me to himalayas even at 29deg. Been a year of installation. No issues yet.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Excellent ACs. Which Mitsubishi are you using Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (Sharp uses their Compressors) or Mitsubishi Electric?

Dr. House

No Regrets
OMG! Some kiddo's ego got hurt. Awwwwwwwww
(Can't stop laughing about aluminium is better than copper in long lasting cooling) :p

- - - Updated - - -

*i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/707/nothing-to-do-here-template.jpg.scaled500.jpg

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Can you please share the Mitsubishi model no. and is there any experience with warranty? 29C is not hot :p Here in Lucknow we get 35+ easily on a normal day

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Can you please share the Mitsubishi model no. and is there any experience with warranty? 29C is not hot Here in Lucknow we get 35+ easily on a normal day
Need to hunt documents. Will try to post tomr if i am able to trace them. Ours is around 45 degrees. Yesterday afternoon i was quite comfortable with 30 degrees on ac when outside temp was 45 degrees approximately.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
The room size is 200 sqft so its not suited also its a hot room with direct sunlight on windows and roof. Someone offered 15k for my Hitachi AC and Stablizer on Olx (He was like begging me to give it for that price lol another caller told me that 40% depreciation is applicable per year on ACs... I was like ....Are you kidding me).

I have decided to go for either Mitsubishi or General and it looks like they still have the quality that holds up for a long time.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
great experience with General AC's. top notch quality and no breakdowns at all, unless the input voltage range is in 190-265v.
used about 25 General AC's since my childhood. all running perfectly.

the point is if the installation goes bad(local uneducated installer), it will definitely bother as far its life goes. perfect installation = nonstop running.

Top Bottom