‘Spot’ is a Native Spotify App for Linux, Built in GTK & Rust

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I saw this on Reddit:
I'll try this out later and post here but wanted to share this here to inform you guys. It's not full featured, but being built with GTK means that it will run faster and smoother than the official Electron based app.

Github repo: xou816/spot

*raw.githubusercontent.com/xou816/spot/master/demo.gif

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Oh well. I guess that is expected. I have premium though so I will try it out and see.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I am liking this more than the official Spotify app. I can have it as a small window like this in the corner while I do my work.

Screenshot_20210227_000718.png

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have discovered one shortcoming of this application. That is that lastfm scrobbling does not work. I guess this is a feature they will add in the future.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Just checked out the repo and saw it has a SNAP version too. Will load into Ubuntu asap and test it out.

The official spotify app is beyond pathetic on *Nix.

I have discovered one shortcoming of this application. That is that lastfm scrobbling does not work. I guess this is a feature they will add in the future.

Did you add it via the spotify web site? I'm sure it'll work. Will test this also.

Sent via Tapatalk

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The actual Last fm scrobbling libraries is in the Spotify app. It is not implemented in this one.

The developer said in a github issue that they won't implement it yet because they are now focusing on core Spotify features: last.fm scrobbling · Issue #85 · xou816/spot

Top Bottom