Thoughts on Samsung Galaxy S23 / S23+ / S23 Ultra: Speak up!

Bajaj electronics offline is selling S23 256 for 55k
Good price IMO.

As I said, S22 fell below 40k during Durga puja/Diwali sale. So 55k is as good as it can get for sometime. Sadly phones are expensive now, so your call.

I will take the call on buying S23 myself or if I should gamble on S25 not being exynos powered during the Durga Puja sale. I loved the size of my old S8 & don't like the size of my S20FE.

schumacher

New to this forum
Good price IMO.

As I said, S22 fell below 40k during Durga puja/Diwali sale. So 55k is as good as it can get for sometime. Sadly phones are expensive now, so your call.

I will take the call on buying S23 myself or if I should gamble on S25 not being exynos powered during the Durga Puja sale. I loved the size of my old S8 & don't like the size of my S20FE.
Just wondering, is it the weight that bothers you or the actual dimensions? Cause , i have a moto g 52 which has the same dimensions but weighs considerably less and i find it pretty usable . Though the G52 Iis 0.4 mm thinner too

Just wondering, is it the weight that bothers you or the actual dimensions? Cause , i have a moto g 52 which has the same dimensions but weighs considerably less and i find it pretty usable . Though the G52 Iis 0.4 mm thinner too
Both but mostly dimensions. I prefer using phone with just 1 hand. With android 14, Samsung made the UI less one hand friendly. On my S8 I can cover almost 80% of screen with my thumb without finger gymnastics but it is like 60% for my S20FE. The hard to reach area is more on S20FE vs S8. Also normally my pinky finger is supporting the phone at the bottom but to reach top portion of the screen, I have to move it which increases the chances of phone falling down (have observed my S20FE falling down much more frequently than my S8 where I didn't even use a screen guard on it for 1+ year).

1705813191403.png

@omega44-xt
any thoughts on S24 exynos, have heard mixed reviews so far.
Wait for reviews. A friend wanted to pre-order S24 ultra, I gave the go ahead as he was excited.

Exynos has been bad historically, so wait for details on efficiency wrt battery life mainly. 8 Gen 3 scoring 2 million on a benchmark vs Exynos scoring 1.6M on same benchmark is not an issue for me, provided there's no unnecessary heating or lower battery life on Exynos, which hasn't happened historically.

centinal

Broken In
Wait for reviews. A friend wanted to pre-order S24 ultra, I gave the go ahead as he was excited.

Exynos has been bad historically, so wait for details on efficiency wrt battery life mainly. 8 Gen 3 scoring 2 million on a benchmark vs Exynos scoring 1.6M on same benchmark is not an issue for me, provided there's no unnecessary heating or lower battery life on Exynos, which hasn't happened historically.
I saw some reviewers on youtube saying exynos is better than last time, should we wait few more days to get a clear picture?

Last edited:
Understood, could you share some reliable review sources please?
Time will tell who gets Exynos & who reviews Snapdragon. Start with GSMArena, from Indian creators, check Geekyranjit, Techwiser, Beebom, C4ETech, etc. Try to check multiple sources to compare CPU & GPU stability scores, it gets tricky for battery life. GSMArena will provide a good estimate of relative battery life. But say my personal observation is that drop in battery life is less on TSMC fabbed chips than on Samsung fabbed chips when switching from WiFi to 5G, these are not easily compared by most reviewers. Hence the general aversion in tech community against Samsung fab made flagship SoCs.

Top Bottom