Building a new pc but confused as hell (help)

Hi guys,

I am fairly new to building a gaming + streaming pc all by myself. Previously I had help from a friend and we built the same pc and he did extensive research.

Current rig:

Cpu: ryzen 5 3600 GPU: gigabyte 1060 ti 6gb Ram: hyperx CL 17 2400mhz Mobo: gigabyte AX370 Gaming 3 Psu: crossair 550CX Hdd: crusial mx 500 Monitor: Acer Nitro 165hz TN panel

Requirements:

I want to play unoptimized games like tarkov, CS2, rust and GTA 5 at the smoothest potential possibly at a high resolution in a 27 inch monitor with 240 hz and above.

Currently I experience okay levels of fps upto 200 max in CS2 but still there are micro stutters sometimes and I feel that shot registry etc is poor overall. Tarkov is mostly around 40-50 fps. I haven't recorded for other games. Dota2 gives me 170 fps at lowest setting.

I want to be able to stream on twitch and play games together all in the same pc and also I want it future proofed for 7 years.

So I am considering building a new pc for the same.

At the moment I don't have any budget in mind but I surely can't afford the latest and the greatest. I am looking for a value offering that would last me another 6-7 years and allows me to play games like GTA 6 as well.

I don't want to upgrade as I feel it lacks value in terms of future proofing with the AM 4 socket.

I would like to buy all components except mouse and keyboard.

Please do suggest thest best monitor along with the build. I want crisp colors and mostly OLED, if that's not value for money I will stick to IPS display.

Thanks in advance!

Fill this:
geek.digit.in/community/threads/asking-for-new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.149943/

GTA Online is very unoptimised, my rig can't handle it at 100+fps. CPU & GPU usage are low in this game.

Mention budget, is a question on the questionnaire.

OP
ramaswamy ganapathy
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans:

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 2L, yes can extend maybe 10 - 20k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: maybe

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: WIn 11

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: 2TB NVMe

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, 27 inch and probably more than 1080 p, with OLED.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: SSD (Crusial MX 500)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 4 months from now.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No, this will be done at the store of purchase.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai, yes buying locally, sure I can buy something simple plug and play like RAM and GPU.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Not much.

Visit Lamington Road locally.

4 months is too long. We have RTX 40 Super launch this month. There can be more price cuts or increases across the board. Ask again 2 weeks before you want to purchase.

Also clarify if 2L is with or without monitor. W/o monitor, a 7800X3D + 4080 system is easily possible now. With monitor, say a 1440p 180Hz one, you can get 7800X3D + 4070 Ti Super from Feb.

OLED monitors are still not worth it IMO as its not great for normal usage because of non RGB sub pixel layout. I'll instead recommend a 20k 1440p 180Hz monitor + 4K OLED TV, like LG C3 42" for 80k. But these 2 will cost 1L. With another 1.2L, you can make a good 1440p rig in R5 7600 + 4070 Super or 7800XT.

IMO 240Hz is not worth it for most gamers as they are skilled enough to feel a difference jumping from 144Hz to 240Hz. 180Hz to 240Hz is even lower. I am personally using a 170Hz monitor & have used a Samsung G7 240Hz that a friend has. Response time or refresh rate difference weren't noticeable to me.

K_akash_i

Journeyman
Hey, It's been a while since i posted anything also i havent been following much ( on latest parts), so i had to take some time online looking up sites and videos.This is what i would do if i had the money, as @omega44-xt said, 7800x3d is the best (highly power efficient) -36k (should be lower offline)

thermalright peerless assassin 120se (air cooler)/deepcool ak620 - 7.5k/6.5k (not sure about the price of thermalright).

corsair vengence 6000mt/s ddr5 cl36 - 10k / ddr5 5600 mt/s cl32 ram (i see 17k, if any knows better options, do link them).

Asrock B650 PG Lightning AMD Motherboard -20k
corsair rm750e/rm850e - 10k for the 850 one (idk about the new atx 3.0, pcie 5.0 compatible feature. Anyway its like 1k higher). I think 850 watt would be more than enough.

Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen. 4 x4 - 13k (only ssd) /adata xpg gammix s70 pcie gen 4 -11k.
gonna summarize the prices:-

cpu (7800x3d) -36k
mobo (asrock pg lightning b650) -20k (it's crucial to update the bios)
ram (cl32/cl36 , i'm not sure which one is the best option to be linked) -10-17k?
ssd (pcie gen4 2tb ) -11 to 13k
psu (corsair rm850e) - 11k ( 850 watt should be more than enough imo. If its 11k it should be pcie gen5 and atx 3.0 compatible)
cooler (aircooler ak620 or peerless assassin) -6.5to 7.5k
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
total : 94500 -104500 (offline prices should be lower)
Idk about gpus.i do also i think 180hz +1440p would be pretty neat for a monitor (tho i haven't checked monitors)
You'd still have around 1lakh left for monitor, gpu and cabinet.
This is just my opinion. if anyone has better component ideas, please do type them in the thread:smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom