Dvi cables don't fit. Please Help

sam970605

Broken In
So I finally got a new graphics card and it has a dvi-d dual link , hdmi and display port ports. Whereas my years old monitor has a vga and a dvi-d dual link port. So naturally, I bought a Amazonbasics dvi to dvi cable to conenct the two.
Now, This cable for some unfathomable reason doesn't fit any of the ports on the card or my monitor. The pins look exactly compatible to me. But they just won't go in. I can't figure it out.
Can someone please tell me what am I doing wrong?... There's no other type of dvi cables available.
On the other hand, Can anyone suggest what should I use instead if these cables don't work. Hdmi to vga converter, displayport to dvi? Any suggestions are more than welcome.

quicky008

Technomancer
hdmi to vga converters are also available-but using them may result in a loss of image quality.

Most monitors and current gpus usually have the dvi-d port-the reason the cable is not fitting is probably due to the fact that you're trying to connect a dvi-i cable to a dvi-d port.The dvi-i cable has 4 additional pins for carrying vga signal which allows them to be used with dvi-vga converters.These pins wont fit if you are trying to connect the cable to a dvi-d port,therefore in your case you need to use a dvi-d cable rather than a dvi-i cable.

Top Bottom