Edifier C2 speaker buzzing, no audio

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have had this speaker for close to 5 years now and it had been working without any issues so far. Only today when I turned it on, the speakers started emitting a low pitched buzzing noise and there was no other audio whatsoever. I tried connecting my headphones directly to my PC's audio out ports and they work fine.

My only conclusion is that there is some issue with the amplifier since both speakers plus the subwoofer do not produce any sound. What do you guys think could be the issue? Can this be repaired?

The C2 model has been discontinued for a while now AFAIR, so I don't think official support from Edifier would be possible. I don't feel like scrapping the whole set just because of the faulty amplifier.

Also, is it possible to get replacement amplifiers for 2.1 setups? I am unable to find discrete amplifiers for PC speakers such as the one shipped with this set.

Before someone asks, I can't connect the speakers directly to the motherboard because they have RCA cables.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Even if model have been discontinued, you can try to take it to the service center and see if they can help. If not, you may goto a local computer repair center and try to get it checked.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I looked around and it looks like the service center is not there in my city. The closest is in Mumbai, but going to Mumbai is not very feasible for me. I think I will have to try with local repair shops only.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Note that you will never get the same audio quality if they dont put in original replacement parts. Even then also, might not be equal to what you had. Audio equipments are very sensitive to change.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think I will contact Edifier CC first and see if they would be willing for a RMA, which is unlikely but worth a shot.

I was thinking, are discrete 2.1 amplifiers available for sale? I have been looking for alternatives but can't find any other than car amplifiers.

Top Bottom