Recent content by patkim

  1. patkim

    Sony KD-55X9000E display problem

    Ok..so it seems HW fault. Most likely mobo. Is it under warranty? If not try to go to local repair shops if any, they might have grey market stuff for matching parts. That's what I did with my Philips TV. I had 24" FHD where the film on LCD screen failed..a local technician got it replaced...
  2. patkim

    Sony KD-55X9000E display problem

    Is it happening on all input ports? Is the onscreen menu visible?
  3. patkim

    Sony KD-55X9000E display problem

    I don't know what is a Hard reset, but if it is something different from clearing static residual charge from the board, then try to long press the power button on TV for 40 - 50 seconds while it's disconnected from mains. Just to check again after removing residual charge. Do these green...
  4. patkim

    connecting 2 different wifi networks on different routers

    I have no idea about ISP routers. I don't have Jio connection. The normal B2C consumer routers like TPLink, Dlink etc have a small button or a pinhole on back side, which when long pressed hard resets the router and it starts as if it's being setup for the first time.
  5. patkim

    connecting 2 different wifi networks on different routers

    Try hard reset your spare router. On back side the sticker may mention the default IP address, admin login userid password in case any.
  6. patkim

    connecting 2 different wifi networks on different routers

    Try these guides..There are plenty on YT, this is just one. I have not verified the contents! *www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA46icBLDu8
  7. patkim

    connecting 2 different wifi networks on different routers

    Generally a router can be used as a wired extender. Even if router does not explicitly have AP mode. There are plenty of guides on YouTube that show how to do that. You need to give it a try and check if your Jio router can work as AP. If it came from ISP, it might be locked for some settings.
  8. patkim

    connecting 2 different wifi networks on different routers

    I doubt if you can connect two independent routers (that are connected to 2 different ISPs) like that. It may not serve any purpose. If I correctly understand, there are something called as Dual-WAN routers that allow you to use 2 ISP simultaneously with load balancing and all. But I have no...
  9. patkim

    New PC build help

    What is the size of NVMe SSD? Keep at least 170 to 180 GB min for Windows 11 keeping in mind all programs/apps that you want to install plus pagefile + hiberfil sys file + profile + restore points and other data. Plus leave at least 50 GB free space between the next partition so that in future...
  10. patkim

    Absolute poor display of customer support - Samsung.

    Yes, I am anyways not buying it now because even if the feature is available on the remote it is a bit inconvenient. I just wanted to share my experience because such a lousy customer support during pre-sales was never expected from Samsung.
  11. patkim

    Absolute poor display of customer support - Samsung.

    I shortlisted Samsung M5 27” LS27FM500EW FHD Monitor which has 2 HDMI ports and being Smart monitor comes with remote. I just needed a sort of confirmation that the remote can be used to switch between HDMI inputs 1 & 2. I read the specs and user manual but it was not clear from it either. I...
  12. patkim

    Need help ! Want to upgrade from AMD Athlon 200GE to AMD Ryzen 3 3200G or higher

    Updating BIOS is always risky and if something goes wrong you may end up bricking the board. You need to first finalize the CPU what is supported and available currently, then check for that CPU what is the minimum BIOS version needed (i.e. since which Version it is supported) If your current...
  13. patkim

    Need help ! Want to upgrade from AMD Athlon 200GE to AMD Ryzen 3 3200G or higher

    If this is your motherboard -- *www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-a320m-k/ Then go to Support -- www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-a320m-k/helpdesk_cpu?model2Name=PRIME-A320M-K For each supported CPU the BIOS version since which it is...
  14. patkim

    SN5100 or SN850X

    Good to see you fixing all the issues and getting good speeds out of your new SSD. Enjoy your system.
  15. patkim

    Asrock B450 Steel Legend motherboard takes 60-70 seconds to come display

    That's a good point. May be the slightly lower voltage in the battery was enough to hold the data but caused some delays in initialization. 12 secs is quite okay. How about one more restart before Windows loads, is that resolved?
Top Bottom