Your browser is being managed by your organization

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi

I downloaded JDownloader yesterday. It forcefully installed some adware which became the default search engine, can't recall its name and Avast Antivirus. There was no option to uncheck them while installing. Since I didn't like JD at all so I uninstalled them all using Revo Uninstaller. Now while I searched something in the url bar few times that adware's page searched my keywords. I opened my settings and I got this message Your browser is being managed by your organization. PFA. This is my personal laptop connected to my personal wifi. Can I delete everything related to this junk without reinstalling FF?
*www.upl.co/uploads/14291556FF1580471775.jpg
*www.upl.co/uploads/161919FF-11580471781.jpg

Edit-
Scanned with anti rootkit. Clean. Then with adwcleaner, pfa *www.upl.co/uploads/Adwcleaner1580479733.png quarantined and deleted but it has also quarantined pfa *www.upl.co/uploads/Adwcleaner-11580479733.png these are not getting restored. How to restore them? Any need to scan with the other softwares mentioned on this page Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware | Firefox Help

This message is still there unfortunately Your browser is being managed by your organization
How to restore HP coolsense from adwcleaner? It is an important process.

Thanks

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
MB's found this
WB.jpg

Quarantined the first one. Where is the quarantine option in the free MB's? How to delete it from whereever it is quarantined?

meetdilip

Computer Addict
When Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner fails, it is trouble. See whether you have a working system restore point.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Fix Firefox says "Your browser is being managed by your organization"
So, it was avast, mc saala.
Thanks Your browser is being managed by your organization line is now gone.
This is what I did , Settings>>Exclusions>>Family>>Preinstalled.HPCoolSense. Then tried to restore it from quarantine. It didn't work
Second time did this Settings>>Exclusions>>Element>>Registry Key in second column>>Preinstalled.HPCoolSense. Then tried to restore it from quarantine. It didn't work
What am I doing wrong?
PFA
Exclusion.jpg

Any need of scanning using any other software?
Was the file detected by Malwarebytes a result of avast too?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Avast is in the news for selling user's data. Are they malware too?!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Avast is in the news for selling user's data. Are they malware too?!
Of course not. Selling user's data is quite common nowadays with the only difference being how much of user's data is sold.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
another good tool to remove malwares is Spybot S&D.
When Antivirus sets & manages the browser policy at that time the message is shown.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
another good tool to remove malwares is Spybot S&D.
When Antivirus sets & manages the browser policy at that time the message is shown.
Malware is removed but the below files are not getting removed from quarantine. Added them in the exclusion list also but same result
Exclusion.jpg