rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Dear Its not possible.... it doesnt have a big HSF

Plz. clearly state your problem...

Also which motherboard you have?

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Whatever it is ,it is a pathetic card.

Its good for value based usage but definately not for gamers.

Also when you use SM 2.0 on this card,you should see how this card crawls.
But hey isnt this card DX9 capable and isnt SM2.0,the main attraction of DX9 ?

I would recommend you to go for ATI Radeon 9550 based card.It will be slightly expensive but worth it.

Also another good one would be Geforce 6200 128MB one.
Nice card.
If you are hellbent on getting FX5200,so be it but mind you,stay away from XFX 5200 as its 64 bit.

Try getting BIG FX5200 256MB,very good card and it is 128bit.

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
which is a better card geforce mx 4000 128 mb or geforce fx 5200 128 mb.
somebody was sayinf geforce 4000 supports only dx 7 while my gf 4000 card supports dx 9. iamin a fix. plz help!!!

premrajeev

Journeyman
covering the pci slot is highly possible.I have a Full atx mobo DFI make, and the XFX 5200 HSF is just above the 1st pci slot.. (I've installed a custom fan, that's why).But with the stock fan also, there is hardly any space left if u install a pci card in the 1st slot, which will make the card difficult to breathe.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
chirayu garg said:
Will removing the HSF decerease the performance of Graphics card.
Technically, it won't affect the performance directly, for a short while at least. But the life and reliability will certainly be affected. The GPU chip will tend to overheat, crash and eventually die an early death.

If the heatsink is of reasonable size, removing only the fan will keep it alive longer than removing both fan and heatsink, as the heatsink alone provides some amount of cooling. But even this is not a good idea.

Cards that come with a fan probably have smaller heatsinks than models that do not have fans. Therefore, the heatsink alone will not provide enough cooling power.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
pimpom said:
is not a good idea.

Cards that come with a fan probably have smaller heatsinks than models that do not have fans. Therefore, the heatsink alone will not provide enough cooling power.
I completely agree..

Change it rather than destroyin it...give it to ur neighbour instead man.
u should never touch orginal hsf.

premrajeev

Journeyman
u have to keep the heatsink- fan combo on the GPU otherwise it will blow away in not more than 10 minutes if u r gonna play games with it..with the hSf the temp levels should be around 65degrees nd up, so assume it without an HSF.

Dont waste ur money...

There are slimmer GPU coolers available from major vendors, but then that's gonna cost u more than ur FX5200 !!!!!

D

dinesh_singh

ONE LAST WORD FROM ME

by the way if anybody is intrested in buying fx 5200 or is not intrested.....
he can look at my experience with a gigabyte fx5200(including stock hsf).
now a days very few provide hsf on fx5200.
1:- doom3 -lowest quality-640x468- timedemo1 framerate=28
2:-half life2-640x468-everything turned off-average framerate measured with fraps=41

i have completed these games with this card on my previous config which is-
amd sempron 2400+
gigabyte ga-7n400e-l nforce 2 mobo
perx(local make) 333fsb ddr sdram 512 MB IN SINGLE channal
and gigabyte geforce fx 5200 (nvidia driver version 71.84)

i bought this card in jan this year for 5000 and i used to think that i m having the best card...coz any time i called rashi or some any dealer and asked them about graphic acc they used to tell me that fx 5200 is in stock only.and one day i bought one.
now a days the same card comes for about 3k.and i do played the punisher demo with this card with lowest settings resulting about 30 fps measured with fraps.
when i switched to 800x600 it just culdnt make it to above 24 fps in any of the game i played....so its a card only meant for low resolutions and low settings.....dont expect much out of this card.

today as u can see i m having a socket 939 setup and having two 6600gt.
my fx 5200 is in its original packing and having some rest untill someone calls me to show his intrest in it.
currently...i m playing doom3 again with brothers in arms and coldfear with 1024x768 and ultra quality with fps in three digits.
wow what a transformation.but one thing is for sure...i miss my old buddy a lot...coz that was the card who let me played my fav numbers maxpayne 2 ,doom 3 and half life2.
THIS CARD IS NOW INTEGERAL PART OF MY LIFE AND I WILL NEVER SELL IT COZ IT TOUGHT ME TO RESPECT.IT TOUGHT ME THAT EVERY RESOURCE SHOULD BE UTILIZED.IT TOUGHT ME TO RESPECT RESOURCES.
AB JAANE BHEE DO YAARON.......ITS A GOOD CARD...COZ IT IS DOING ITS JOB OF PROVIDING GOOD STUFF AT LOWER SETTINGS...I MEAN THATS WHAT NVIDIA DESIGNED THIS CHIP.

premrajeev

Journeyman
that was a good one man..I like it..

When i too will have the money, i also will upgrade to something like this..

But i will never sell this card..as this is the one who helps me in my long idle hours.....

I Love my FX 5200!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 5901

akshayt said:
If we regard VFM as a product that gives :
good performance
high performance / unit money
future proof etc

then fx 5200 is not a vfm card.don't buy it period.

in india
highest vfm card may be overall x800xl for abt 19-20k

6600gt for abt 9-10.3k is also not bad in pcie

Im P****d With U F**k*n AR*e H*le U better use ur Brains Before Posting next Time !!!

U piece of SH*T !!!!

U S**K Akshayt !!! :lol: :!: :arrow:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
FX5200 is not that bad ... well ok its not good also .. but having a card is better tha not having one .... atleast u can play all the recent games at low res. ... but the prices of the graphics cards have droped ... the best budget buys would be a FX5700LE ....just over 3k's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom