xbox 360 S vs Gaming PC

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
ok people i know that console games cost WAY more than pc games thats why i'l only buy xbox 360 exclusive(e.g halo 3) and console exclusive games(e.g tekken 6)
and buy multiplatform games in thier pc versions if available

in that case, i would recommend to you to buy PS3 instead if you aim at platformers. exclusive titles are far more in number on the PS3 and really good! i know its a very tough thing to make a choice here, but my personal pick, if asked to crown a console the 'exclusives-king', would be the PS3.

but then too, it also boils down to the kind of games you like. for me, am not interested in either halo series or forza, etc (except gears of war), so for exclusives, the X360 doesnt feature as a star in my list (but for multi-platformers, its highly recommended :thumbs:), but with the kinds of games and sheer quantity of them on the PS3, i wont think twice.

a PC for multi-platformers + a PS3 for exclusives is what i feel could be a better choic; but if you are a fan of halo and other superhit series on the X360, you know what to choose ;)

all the best!

digitaltab

In the zone
dear OP, i'll prefer you to buy ps3,
reasons: it has got better games than xbox 360, xbox has got only gears of war as its unique, while ps3 has got resistance series, metal gear solid series, tekken, final fantasy, god of war and much more etc... + ps3 offers blu-ray support and 3D stereoscopic view.
while over pc, xbox 360/ps3 is cheap and best, but think of the games(THEIR PRICE) which you'll buy for your console, they cost around 3 times more than the cost of PC games,
thus overall you have two options:
1. buy a console i.e. spend less initially but you'll have to spend much more later on games.
2. buy a gaming PC i.e. spend more initially and spend less later on games, but you'll suffer from PC upgrading dilemma in later years for future games if not buy a hardcore gaming machine at present...
now decide...

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
modified plan: ps3 160GB(rs.16990) and gaming pc(rs.62000)
since im getting the cheapest ps3 i'l have more money for games .here's what i'l buy for ps3 God of War 3,inFAMOUS 2,Uncharted 2
is uncharted 2 a good game? are there anymore good games for ps3?

digitaltab

In the zone
yes uncharted 2 and 3 are good, like you have in PC, the tomb raider series.
other ps3 games you should play are resistance series, metal gear solid series, gt5, etc.

the main thing which makes ps3 better over xbox is its games,
xbox has got everything in common with PC while ps3 has its own charm...

suggestion: you should go for ps3 320 GB version, as you are getting double space in just 2k bucks more:)

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
suggestion: you should go for ps3 320 GB version, as you are getting double space in just 2k bucks more:)

you forgot an important characteristic of ps3. it can use standard laptop hard drives too...(though hard drive prices arent going anywhere now)
and for now the ps3's hdd will be used only for savegames.i'm not into downloading stuff
any idea what broadband speed do i need for accessing PSN/playing MP?

digitaltab

In the zone
you forgot an important characteristic of ps3. it can use standard laptop hard drives too...(though hard drive prices arent going anywhere now)
and for now the ps3's hdd will be used only for savegames.i'm not into downloading stuff
any idea what broadband speed do i need for accessing PSN/playing MP?

:razz::-D gr8 plan, i use reliance netconnect+ broadband + at a speed of 3.1 mbps as they say, i have never checked the ping or anything, but my connection works fine when i play multiplayer. no lag is there.
rest i don't know the minimum speed required...:p

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
:razz::-D gr8 plan, i use reliance netconnect+ broadband + at a speed of 3.1 mbps as they say, i have never checked the ping or anything, but my connection works fine when i play multiplayer. no lag is there.
rest i don't know the minimum speed required...:p

reliance netconnect+ isn't that a USB modem thing. It works with a ps3 :?: :?:

sandeep410

Journeyman
I have both PC and 360 and i hardly use my 360.I have played lots of 360 games and all have very low gameplay life. 360 games cost way too much and it cost money for online as well. Even if you mod your 360 and download all games for free still you will be left with pretty no good games to play

Buy a PC its worth it

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^Dunno what are talking about my friend but if games like Gears of war ,halo and Forza etc are not good then which one are????
What do you mean by low gameplay life....length of gameplay??/

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I have both PC and 360 and i hardly use my 360.I have played lots of 360 games and all have very low gameplay life. 360 games cost way too much and it cost money for online as well.

Buy a PC its worth it

Gameplay life? :confused:

Well, sometimes the consoles extra pricing is justified. Building a great PC will cost atleast 50k for playing at good frames and high resolution. But the consoles now cost less than half that. Also the same console bought 3 years back can still play the latest game release.
A PC assembled 3 years back with the hardware will only dream of playing the latest games.

sandeep410 said:
Even if you mod your 360 and download all games for free still you will be left with pretty no good games to play
I disagree with this. Why?
afaik all PC games are available on consoles. heck, most PC versions are just unoptimised ports of console ones. But games like Halo , Forza, Gran Turismo aren't even released for PC.
I am a huge Halo fan, and am deeply dissapointed as none of newer games are released on PC. You own a XBOX. You can easily play it. Not even a PS3 owner can't play Halo.

Sarath

iDota
A lot depends on what kind of games you play.

If you like a lot of RTS/Strategy/FPS then PC gaming is the way to go.

If you like platformers/action-adventure/fighting then Consoles is the way to go.

For racing/flight simulators/sports simulator and even some action-adventure games both PC and Console are equally good.

---

I would suggest a Console for now since you complained of DRM etc. It will give you peace of mind plus a foray into a lot of games that never make it to PC. I would suggest you slowly get a gaming PC when your laptop gives away.

Don't dwell into which is better console or PC. Look into what is better for you.

---

If you want a list of PS3 games, start with:
Uncharted 1, 2 , 3
God of War 1 & 2 collections and GoW 3
Killzone 2, 3

GT5 (a must for racing fanatics)
Heavy rain (love it or hate it type of game- check youtube vids)

Pick them up second hand. That'll get you cheap. GoW for eg sells for 800 now. I bought it for 2500 and still have no regrets. Worth every rupee.

Mini games-
Journey
Limbo

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
dear OP, i'll prefer you to buy ps3,
reasons: it has got better games than xbox 360, xbox has got only gears of war as its unique, while ps3 has got resistance series, metal gear solid series, tekken, final fantasy, god of war and much more etc... + ps3 offers blu-ray support and 3D stereoscopic view.
while over pc, xbox 360/ps3 is cheap and best, but think of the games(THEIR PRICE) which you'll buy for your console, they cost around 3 times more than the cost of PC games,
thus overall you have two options:
1. buy a console i.e. spend less initially but you'll have to spend much more later on games.
2. buy a gaming PC i.e. spend more initially and spend less later on games, but you'll suffer from PC upgrading dilemma in later years for future games if not buy a hardcore gaming machine at present...
now decide...
Dear Shivam24,
one emoticon :lol:
there is something called HALO,and xbox is the king of shooters no killzone of resistance can match it in terms of shooting
latest versions of Tekken,MGS(2,3 and PW have been remastered in HD),Final fantasy have been ported to the xbox 360
stereoscopic 3D : Well,xbox 360 has that too(they released some firmware update for that)and a bunch of games support stereoscopic 3d
1.have you heard of something called used games?That does'not exist in PC games
2.with every new game comes its own pesky DRM,that combined with the 3-year upgrade cycles put me off the path of the PC

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
1.have you heard of something called
used games?That does'not exist in PC
games
you are wrong on this. Crysis 2 allowed activation for upto 5 different computers. Although multiplayer would be available from one but single player from all of them with proper updates patches etc.
2.with every new game comes its own
pesky DRM,that combined with the 3-
year upgrade cycles put me off the path of the PC
well most newer games have very less or even no DRM. Taking Dirt 3 as an example all you need is a Games for Windows live profile and you are good to go. GFWL cannot really be termed as Drm. Also many games these days just require you to activate them on Steam or Origin. These services manage all DRM etc. Current scenario is lot better than few years back where Ubisoft had enforced a system that if internet got disconnected than a game like Assasins creed would just stop working

gameranand

Living to Play
Well its not that every game has DRM issues. Many have but now they are not that bad. Heck see Witcher 2 no DRM at all.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Well its not that every game has DRM issues. Many have but now they are not that bad. Heck see Witcher 2 no DRM at all.

GFWL :( such a disgusting piece of DRM. Then again, a bad DRM isn't game breaking, a little bit of patience and common sense is enough to get through them.

Witcher 2 actually had a drm, it wasn't any trouble but CDR removed it after the positive reception of their game. Now how awesome can a developer get? :p

jsimms

Right off the assembly line
Well they are different consoles and you could take advantage of better specs if you are going with your PC that compared to xbox, though the availability of accessories like Kinect is one of the major advantages that you could get if you are going to use a game console like xbox. It depends on which you are more comfortable with actually. But quite frankly, I will go with the xbox if you are as heavy of a gamer.