Wireless Router Buying Help :)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Please see this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/rules-ann...-homepage-database-errors-few-posts-gone.html

Alien

Journeyman
@sunny8872
I recently bought Asus DSL N10 and it is really good, setting up is very simple. It heats up a bit though.

OP
SunnyGamingHD2

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
Alien Thanks, i have already RJ-11 Cable and my Phone splitter is very far from modem so i f i use my old RJ-11 cable will it work fine? as the cable provided by modem is short.

OP
SunnyGamingHD2

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
Hey guys recently my current LAN properties shows Lease Obtained ,Lease expires is there anything wrong with my connection i have also set TCP/IP to obtained IP automatically and also formatted windows and reset router to default(SL2_141) but all in vain it still shows Lease crap .what will happen if it expires.i am a newbie to networking and don`t know DHCP and upnp and more advanced settings so i didn't play with those settings Help please!!! and at first i was using Dynamic IP but after that Lease crap shows it assigns to static IP.

Last edited:

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
The IP Address your'e getting from your ISP is dynamic(changes frequenly based on availability).

Lease Obtained - it says when ur router got the IP address .
Lease Expires - when the IP will expire.
And when it expires it will get a new one automatically.
So, no probs.

OP
SunnyGamingHD2

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
Hey guys Does Asus DSL N10 heats up quickly? if it does are there any chances of damaging the LAN ports or WAN ports and how to reduce heating i don't have Air conditioner.

Alien

Journeyman
It does heat up, but i have not faced any issues so far and it is running 24*7(no AC). I updated the firmware to 1.0.2.5 but haven't seen any noticeable difference.

Last edited:
OP
SunnyGamingHD2

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
Finally i got Asus DSL N-10 today Nice packaging from Flipkart and user interface is so simple its a 3 step installation and it also speed up my download speed by 10% i recommend it to BSNL users i have 625 BB Combo Plan

Defects: None.

Top Bottom