WinXP Service Pack 1 Bootable CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

contact_lalit

Broken In
I have burnt a bootable CD containing WinXP integrated with Service Pack 1. But while booting with the CD, a message is asking to insert the Windows XP CD in drive A. I am unable to proceed further. Perhaps I have made a mistake while burning the bootable CD. Any suggestions?

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Take a look at here :

*www.theeldergeek.com/slipstream_01.htm

I think you didnt set the bootable sectors to 4 or Didnt disabled No Floppy Emulation ..

OP
C

contact_lalit

Broken In
I did set the sectors to 4 and set no emulation. I have tried to use the CD with different PCs. The computer boots successfully using the CD and setup begins. After some time it displays the message "Insert Windows XP Professtional Boot CD ROM in Drive A and press ENTER to continue" I am unable to proceed further. BTW I integrated the Service Pack 1 to the WinXP before burning. I also generated the script/batch file for complete/full automated/unattended installation using the "Setupmgr.exe" (from the Deploy.Cab file from Support\Tools sub-directory).

Even though I think I followed all steps correctly I will be grateful if anybody can guide me again.

I want to integrate Service Pack 1 with WinXP Pro and create a bootable CD having the facility to automatically install WinXP Pro in a PC without any user intervention - without even the need to fill up the Product key or any other details.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Did u copy the 'bootcatalog.cat' and 'Microsoft Corporation.img' filez from the original XP CD into the folder where u copied the CD for integration w/ SP1 ? Try this link : *www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/winxp-sp1-bootcd.html I think it will solve ur problem.

OP
C

contact_lalit

Broken In
The "www.theeldergeek.com" link gave some great tips. I was successful in creating a proper bootable CD which enabled me to perform an automatic/unattended installation of WinXP Pro with Service Pack1.

How can I modify the new modified CD to include some files to be copied to a particular directory automatically during installation? Actually I want to copy the files "Oemlogo.bmp" and "Oeminfo.ini" to the Windows\System32 folder automatically during installation. Also can I use my own modified "Ntoskrnl.exe" file with the CD? How can I create a similar custom CD for Win98SE?

Thanks for the tips and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom