Windows wireless service not running

curioustechy

Journeyman
I've been accessing internet on my laptop using wifi... now all of a sudden my notification area icon shows 'not connected - no connections are available'. when i did the troubleshooting shown right there, it came out like this 'the windows wireless service is not running on this computer'. After that i did some googling but couldnt sort out the issue. what is going wrong?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
run services.msc in windows 7 start menu search box or xp run box(from start menu),at the bottom of the list right click WLAN AutoConfig & select properties,then select startup type as automatic.

OP
curioustechy

curioustechy

Journeyman
WLAN AutoConfig is already set to 'automatic' mode. But when i attempted to start it, it says 'Error 1747: the authentication service is unknown'

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
from here:
Event Log stopped working - Error 1747 : The Authentication Service is Unknown
try this:
To make it short, open a command prompt with administrative rights and run
netsh winsock reset
Restart the computer and for me everything is fine now!
in xp when running admin account command prompt runs with admin right but in windows 7 you have to right click & select "run as administrator" option after typing cmd in win 7 start menu search box.

OP
curioustechy

curioustechy

Journeyman
I'm sad and desperate to see that nowadays i'm not getting any clues to work out through my issues :cry:... anyway i sorted the issue by re-installing windows.....

Top Bottom