what is ur impression about SE W800 after reading this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
SE W800 review by mobile-review *www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-w800-en.shtml

What do u think about the product?

EDIT:Link edited-digen

Followed you're link, but I can't read (page not found in) Russian. :lol:

EDIT: Remove the dot after shtml to correct your link.

Anyway, from what I've read about this phone elsewhere, I believe it's a logical evolution from k750i. Considering it's music capabilities i.e. I'm considering buying a k750i by August end when I go overseas. If W800 Walkman comes out by then, I might have a tough decision to make. The W800 with a 2Gb Memory Stick Duo is what I'm looking at.

I think the W800 has a standard 3.5mm audio plug. Which is great if you decide to plug in you own high quality headphones.

-Keith

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
The phone is definitely interesting. But Memory Stick media is expensive. Considering that a 2GB Memory Stick card costs upwards of $300 and the phone is expected to cost 400-480 Euros, I don't think it's a viable option. Of course, if you stick with lower capacity cards, then it's a great buy.

I would choose the Nokia N91 over this :D

N91 looks too good to be true. Wonder how much it'll retail for. Bet Nokia will charge an arm and a leg until a competitor comes out with something similar.

-Keith

G

gxsaurav

N91 is 160 gm already, too heavy

also it has a HD which will eat more battry & will be more prone to shock then flash based media due to moving parts, no matter how much they optimize it

gxsaurav said:

also it has a HD which will eat more battry & will be more prone to shock then flash based media due to moving parts, no matter how much they optimize it

Should be no problem unless you drop it while playing. I had the original Creative Jukebox in late 2001. No problems with shock. I think HD tech has come a long way since then.

160g is a compromise you've got to make for wanting a full featured mp3 player with the phone. Anyway, it's a lot lighter than carrying a phone + iPod mini and lot less cumbersome too.

-Keith

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
gxsaurav said:

Eh? 160grams heavy? It's a phone+digicam+mp3 player+PDA with WiFi. You expect all this to weigh in under 100gm? Besides, other phones such as the Nokia 9500 and the SE P910i weigh more than the N91 and still are great phones.

Coming to the hard drive. How do you think so many HDD based players sell? Ever heard people complaining that their performance was hampered because of the microdrives? Dude, if iPods can become the rage with their microdrives, I don't see why you would single out the N91 for criticism. Do people go about dropping their phones/MP3 players or shake them on purpose? Yes, battery life might be an issue, but we can talk about that when the phone is introduced.

@Keith: Yeah, the pricing worries me too. Especially since I have my eyes on this one :lol:

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Keith Sebastian said:
I think the W800 has a standard 3.5mm audio plug. Which is great if you decide to plug in you own high quality headphones.
The W800 does not have a 3.5mm jack. This is present only on the Nokia N91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom