Wat is d best thing to buy in USA rite now(gadgets or otherwise) ??

pauldmps

Banned
I don't think that the iPhone would cost substantially lesser in the US (without contract) & you'll have hassles getting it unlocked even if you buy it without contract.

Other members might suggest you Android phones which are not yet available in India(I can't think any of such)

OP
vinyasmusic

vinyasmusic

AM i Racing ?
yes without contract it costs around 550$
........ with At&T contract its just 50$ ............ should i go for it ?

pauldmps

Banned
You won't be able to get a contract device here. Your friend (or whoever purchases the phone) has to pay the monthly contracts even if the phone is not used.

OP
vinyasmusic

vinyasmusic

AM i Racing ?
i dint get you ........

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

If we (the tourist) is purchasing it ? .............

OH ! God .... i wanna buy it .... but don want to end up using it just like an IPOD

pauldmps

Banned
The prices you saw are carrier (network) subsidized under contract which is the system in the US.

That is, you need to pay a hefty amount per-month to the carrier for you data plan (about 2-3k) for a specified time (about 1-2 years).

And in this time-duration, you cannot switch carriers, it is illegal to do so & handset is also locked to that particular carrier.

Your friend will still have to pay the monthly rentals until the contract ends.

If you purchase as a tourist, you'll have to buy it for the off-contract price which is almost the same as in India.

OP
vinyasmusic

vinyasmusic

AM i Racing ?
Hey .... i have heard people who havent activated the IPhone (taken from USA)and brought it here ... And get it cracked and unlocked here .... and USE .........

Top Bottom