[Tut]24x7 online - Dynamic IP users wo Logging in manually

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well i shifted to Tata after 1 year of sify and the biggest problem oher than constant dis-connection was logging in manually after every 12 hours as the seesion fails and u have to login again

when i shifted to tata i still faced this problem but the blessing in disguise is the web based dialler which allows u to automatically set ur browser to login for u after every 11 hours (tata session fails after 11 hours) so heres how u do it

what u need:

1. Windows based machine (os x and linux hav other methods which i havnt tried yet but those who use linux will figure out how to do it once they read this tut)
2. firefox
3. firefox plugin - dejaclick
4. a batch file (read abt it below)

Download and install firefox

then install the dejaclick plugin

make sure u have set the remmber password and username option & now logout of tata indicom

start dejaclick and press record

now open tata indicom dialler page and hit login and stop the recording

step 1 done

now open notepad and type this:

Code:
START firefox.exe /max /wait dejaclick:///Y:/Performance_testing/DejaClickScript/test02.xml
where everything after dejaclick:/// is the path where the plugin has saved the xml file if u want find out where it is then in the plugin panel u have the option of saving the recorded task as a script clcik on it and it will show u the default location put that in place of Y:/Performance_testing/DejaClickScript/test02.xml where test.xml is the file name

save this with the extension .bat

step 2 done

now just schedule a task to run this batch file every 11 hours 10mins (keep the 10 mins as buffer)

and then leave ur machine on 24x7 and firefox will automatically log u in every 11 hours

now if u want create the same task 1 more time and trigger it at login and schedule it to repeat every 11 hours 10 mins :)

tried and tested :)

this is not ripped from any site but compiled by me however the batch file contents that were critical were obtained from the dejaclick forums :) so thank me for sharing only, not my creation but my compilation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom