this gaming Rig or PS3+HDTV+game

cyborg47

Technomancer
Not worth it. It won't come before two years atleast. ANd then too it will hardly have any good games for the first year. Not to mention the price would be double of Ps3's current price. No point in missing PS3 now for that.

Agree on everything else except for that. Just because Sony made a mistake with PS3 launch titles doesn't mean they'd do the same with PS4. Some of the Sony's First Party developers have already started work on the next gen console, probably with the SKUs. And I'm sure Sony is already in talks with the third party developers as well, they would obviously want to cash in some money with the launch of any new console ;)
Coming to the price, Sony should have learnt the lesson from the launch price of PS3. So the price of PS4 could be a little lower/affordable.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
^^ No thats actually pretty standard analogy. Since SONY was developing new platform with each successive release of its console.

ps2 - power vr gfx
ps3 - cell broad band engine
ps4 - cell broadband (rumored)

So that is the reason that SONY consoles have a life cycle of almost 8 years. Since when a new console would launch it would take nearly 2 years for the developers to get the hang of it. And as a result the best titles / true potential of the console will only be displayed once it has reached its half life ~ 4 years . It is also the perfect marketing strategy, and also one of the reasons that SONY consoles were so expensive. But i guess with the arrival of the cell broadband engine in the ps3 all that has changed. If rumors are to be believed then the ps4 will be based on the same architecture as the ps3. That gives developers a clear cut edge. Because studios like naughty dog have been able to maximise the cell broadband engine in the ps3 .By the time the ps4 releases the ps3 will be running at its peak. And if the ps4 has a cell broadband engine then they might as well start releasing blockbuster titles in 6 months .

Another thing which can be noted from this argument is that if SONY continue to use cell broadband engine then the launch price of the ps4 < ps3. And the cycle becomes ~ 4 years. Also this means that by the time ps5 launches in the market , cell broadband engine architecture will have to be changed. In essence what i am saying is that SONY is going to change the architecture ever 2 console cycles.

And as a conclusion which may be based on rumors i suggest you wait till the launch of the ps4 if you are not in a big hurry to play games. Else get a psp and keep your self happy.

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Else get a psp and keep your self happy.

:lol:
my PSP is rusting in peace in its box(button problem):sad:

i'm buying an LG 32" FULL HD 32LK450/430 Or LG 32" HD ready 32LK311
(when members where recommending 32-incher i didn't get what they were saying)
22" is very small 32" is just apt for me
anybody an post a list ps3 exclusive games which are in native 1080p?

Top Bottom