Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
iMav said:
:lol: :lol: alarm dekhta hai ki sunta hai :lol:

He wakes up 2 mins before the alarm rings, so that he can "See" the alarm ringing. :D

Hey arya, those are many options....my k750i makes it even simple to set alarms.

din

Tribal Boy
aryayush said:
I've never seen a better interface on any device whatsoever, including my Mac.

I have never seen an iPhone, but I totally agree with you looking on the pic. An excellent and very pleasing interface.

goobimama

 Macboy
Holy smokes! That is a kickass screen for the alarm! Is it there on the iPod Touch so I could go give the dial a spin? :D

Hey arya, those are many options....my k750i makes it even simple to set alarms.
And suddenly you are all about less options? Very convenient...

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
other than that suit case lock styled timer my 6600 has got everything and more :) and to top it of a louder sound ... which reminds me

@superczar if u read this post could u tell us howz the sound of the iphone not the headphones but when it rings how loud it is

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It's about average; a lot better than most Nokia phones.

goobimama said:
Is it there on the iPod Touch so I could go give the dial a spin? :D
Yes, of course it is. I'm surprised you did not click through into every single nook and cranny of the device when you had your time with it.

superczar

-n00b-
The iphone ringer isn't too loud..a tad too soft for my linking

Anyway, I have set some fairly loud Mp3s for the tones after applying a bit of gain to them

Goobi, Arya, You guys have got to give up
There's no point trying to open up minds that have shut themselves closed ...

For the record, despite being an apple user for the last 2 yrs or so, I was in the same boat as you guys 3 months ago

I was in the market to buy a new phone, and not having seen the iphone, my judgement was based upon the reviews I had seen on the net...no 3rd party support, no x y z features etc.
A colleague in the US did recommend the iphone but I put down his advice claiming the lack of some random features

So I went ahead and bought a N73ME...
and then I used the iphone on a recent business trip to the US and realized what a mistake that was!

On a side note, I got my new 8 Gigger iphone today ..yayayayayay

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It's actually the same with everything Apple makes. You don't "get it" until you have actually used it. It's the same with Macs, same with iPods and same with the iPhone.

The reason is that you compare Apple's products to the competition on the same scale. You compare a MacBook to notebooks from other companies based on how advanced the processor is and how fast the graphics are. What most people don't realise is that Apple's products are completely different from what's on the market. You cannot directly compare them spec-to-spec. Using them is an experience in a category of its own. It is unparalleled, IMHO. :)

(Ahh... it sure feels great to post a fanboy rant every once in a while. :p)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@suoerczar i kinda guessed that the ringer couldnt be loud (a hunch to be honest) but none the less most of these high end fones have this ringer issue .... even i think it was p900 that had a very low ringer

goobimama

 Macboy
aryayush said:
It's actually the same with everything Apple makes. You don't "get it" until you have actually used it. It's the same with Macs, same with iPods and same with the iPhone.

The reason is that you compare Apple's products to the competition on the same scale. You compare a MacBook to notebooks from other companies based on how advanced the processor is and how fast the graphics are. What most people don't realise is that Apple's products are completely different from what's on the market. You cannot directly compare them spec-to-spec. Using them is an experience in a category of its own. It is unparalleled, IMHO. :)

(Ahh... it sure feels great to post a fanboy rant every once in a while. :p)

And they always being in the card reader feature. I have a card reader on my Dell monitor. So far all the memory cards that have come through are NOT supported... I wonder when I'll actually get to use it...

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:

Now what to say....:rolleyes: I have used Macs & iPods, & trust me....mybe i m tooo practical in real life, but good looks alone don't help me when there is nothing i can do beyond the good looks.

The reason is that you compare Apple's products to the competition on the same scale.

Then what else should we compare them to?

You compare a MacBook to notebooks from other companies based on how advanced the processor is and how fast the graphics are.

Is there any other criteria when comparing them?
What most people don't realise is that Apple's products are completely different from what's on the market. You cannot directly compare them spec-to-spec.

A dell 1520 & Macbook Pro both are made in Asus' factories, use same motherboard & RAM modules. What different here?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
gx_saurav said:
A dell 1520 & Macbook Pro both are made in Asus' factories, use same motherboard & RAM modules. What different here?

hmmmm interesting.. can you pls provide any link so that I can read more about this?

superczar

-n00b-
Aww, c'mon...now you comparing a MBP with a Dell 1520
I can understand if you were to compare the MBP with say a Dell XPS 1330 ..but an inspiron?

Here are just a few:

- A LCD with terrible backlight bleeding vs a perfectly uniform one
- A keyboard with terrible flex

That logic is ridiculous..by that token, the nxt statement I'll see from you:
The M-800 and SX4 are assembled in the same Maruti Gurgaon plant...what different here?

Anyway, thanks for helping me realize the thought process that runs inside that shell of yours...From this point onwards, I refuse to respond back to any of your posts :D

PS: ~90% of all laptops are manufactured by Taiwanese and Chinese OEMs like Quanta
Actually so are cellphones, printers and most other electronics that you can think of
The quality of the final product however is a function of the specs (and I don't mean just the technical specs) provided to the manufacturer and the approved BOM

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
OMG! This guy just doesn't get it! It was written in plain simple english that you can't compare specs and such things when it comes to apple, and this guy goes and does just that!

It's the whole experience that's different! The moment you are given the nicely packed box with a handle on top of it, you know that it's different. The moment you first boot up the machine, and the OS offers to take your picture to set as a display image, you know it's different. The moment you find that there are clamps on side of the power adapter for rolling up the wire, you know it's different. I could go on and on...but one thing's for sure:

The moment you know gx doesn't like it, you know it's gonna be good....

superczar

-n00b-
It was written in plain simple english that you can't compare specs and such things when it comes to apple, and this guy goes and does just that!
There is another reason a simple spec comparison doesn't mean much
And I'll explain that in Windows terminology

A badly coded game like BF2 will run laggy on windows despite top end specs on the client machine

A well coded game like HL2 or FarCry will run well on even relatively low end machines

For the same reason, two different OSs like Vista and Leopard will run differently on similarly specced machines

So saying a 1.83 ghz, 2GB RAM C2D Macbook running OS X is worse than a 2.16ghz C2D 4 GB RAM XPS running Vista 64 doesn't mean a thing
i.e. if that remark was made simply on the basis of comparing the specs

On a side note, (esp for imav) I know saurav will conveniently ignore post # 744 and will make some tangential remark on the following posts..thats what I was talking about in one of my older posts

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
The moment you know gx doesn't like it, you know it's gonna be good....
Exactly and...

superczar said:
There is another reason a simple spec comparison doesn't mean much
And I'll explain that in Windows terminology

A badly coded game like BF2 will run laggy on windows despite top end specs on the client machine

A well coded game like HL2 or FarCry will run well on even relatively low end machines

For the same reason, two different OSs like Vista and Leopard will run differently on similarly specced machines

So saying a 1.83 ghz, 2GB RAM C2D Macbook running OS X is worse than a 2.16ghz C2D 4 GB RAM XPS running Vista 64 doesn't mean a thing
i.e. if that remark was made simply on the basis of comparing the specs
... exactly.

Both are things I've been saying for quite a few months now. The completely obvious and absolute superiority of Mac OS X compared to any version of Windows and Macs' ability to run almost every application for any platform (in various ways) make it a tough choice to beat. How do you take into account these two extremely crucial things in a spec-to-spec comparison chart? How do you take into account the MagSafe adapter or the keyboard backlight or the best trackpad ever shipped on any notebook whatsoever!

You don't. You just can't. And that is why these comparisons are not the ideal way to go when comparing a Mac to all the other computers in the world. I know gx_saurav and iMav will keep arguing forever, keep running around in circles... but the fact remains.

jhnsmith978

Right off the assembly line
If there is something where Apple is at the pinnacle today then it is stupidity :D

This just in, some more iPhone flaws, which makes me wonder. Is iPhone a Phone or just an iPod :p. Taken from Engadget, the first review of iPhone is up, some iPhone facts

He he he he, abe isme lene ko bacha kya hai, Where did the phone part go? :D

According to Apple "iPhone is a breakthrough internet communication device", where :D there is no JAVA or Flash support. What happens with YouTube (Real version)

Add to it, there is no IM support

No Bluetooth A2DP support. Those thinking of buying logitech bluetooth earphone, well....cancel the order

Can't record videos & can't set your own music file as ringtone :D

Assuming that you charge the Phone everyday due to its battery hogging features, iPhone battery won't last more then a year

Its phone book can't be searched
, only scrolled.

It is not a replacement for Windows Mobile Smartphone or Blackberry from any angle

Remembar why you should buy iPhone

1) You are a Macboy

2) You want to use your iPod features up to 8 GB in your Phone

Yeah, you are rite i guess...
I have read some article which has shown some limitations of iphone.
They have quoted :-According to Apple "iPhone is a breakthrough internet communication device", where there is no JAVA or Flash support.
And many other things like this...
iphone Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom