Digit PC Game Suggestion Thread v2.0

gameranand

Living to Play
Thanks for the suggestions!
DeadCore: Looks great, but I have played wayyy too many FPS, and am looking for something different atm.

A genre that interests me that seems to fit the bill for me: arcade-y combat flight sims, like tom clancy's HAWX

In that case try Ace Combat Assault Horizon if you haven't played it already.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Guys please recommend a sports game that is not based on a regular game like football, cricket, pool etc.
But based on an imaginary sports game ( like frozen cortex )

Also Looking for games that just require 'gaming skill'

Examples:
PES / FIFA
Super Meat Boy and similar platformers
Call of duty / Counter Strike (FPS)
Racing Games
Combat part in Mount and blade .

Basically games that can be played without having to deal with management / leveling up / rpg elements. Think Mount and blade without the RPG / roaming around elements.

Prefer something that is not a generic Platformer / Racing /FPS.

if you want to test your game skill , try Street fighter 4 or Injustice god among us . It constantly test your skills . Controller is highly recommended for this type of game . Also why not try some indie game like limbo , gone home , dear esther . Its a nice change from overrated fps/open world games .

Nerevarine

Incarnate
IDK about TBS But Divinity Original Sin is a Turn based RPG (An extremely good one at that) that can be played on LAN..
In a few more months, the enhanced edition will launch

D

Deleted member 118788

I am looking for good local co-op/splitscreen games. Please recommend me some good titles to play with my friend.

JacobVR

Right off the assembly line
I'm in complete agreement as far as GRID vs GRID 2 is concerned; another thing which bugged me when I tried GRID 2 was the lack of a cockpit view. I know most people play in 3rd person, but for those who play in cockpit- this is a deal-breaker.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Please suggest me some Real Time Strategy Games from year 2014-2016 excluding StarCraft 2 titles.

Try Dawn of War 2 : Retribution, slightly dated though (2011)
but if you like Turn based Tactics, you might really enjoy it : Xcom Enemy Within.. This game is addicting as ****, Alok recommended me to play it and I loved it

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Please suggest me some Real Time Strategy Games from year 2014-2016 excluding StarCraft 2 titles.

It's sad nobody is making RTS games anymore. Now-a-days you'll only find turn based strategy games like Civilization, X-COM, Endless Legend etc. I miss the good old days of AoE and AoM where you could build a city from the scratch, manage your resources, progress through ages, build an army, conquer the world and expand your empire all in real time. I myself have been searching for a new RTS game for a while now and all I found was some old games like Rise of Nations, LotR: The Battle for Middle Earth 2, Warcraft 3 etc. which feel slightly dated now. However, there's one new game that I found which might become the next AoE and that's 0 A.D. but the game is still under development although you can download and play the alpha version now for free if you want. I haven't played it yet, so I can't comment on the quality of the game but telling from the gameplay videos, it looks promising.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
It's sad nobody is making RTS games anymore. Now-a-days you'll only find turn based strategy games like Civilization, X-COM, Endless Legend etc. I miss the good old days of AoE and AoM where you could build a city from the scratch, manage your resources, progress through ages, build an army, conquer the world and expand your empire all in real time. I myself have been searching for a new RTS game for a while now and all I found was some old games like Rise of Nations, LotR: The Battle for Middle Earth 2, Warcraft 3 etc. which feel slightly dated now. However, there's one new game that I found which might become the next AoE and that's 0 A.D. but the game is still under development although you can download and play the alpha version now for free if you want. I haven't played it yet, so I can't comment on the quality of the game but telling from the gameplay videos, it looks promising.

You stole my words. I HATE TURN BASED strategy games, the reason why I have mentioned REAL TIME in Bold letters, I know there are awesome games in TB genre, but I cant help but NOT play them. And its been a never-ending drought in RT strategy genre since I can remember! So I reached out in TDF if anyone of its large-gamer base can squeeze out two or three names that I have not already came across :(

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
You stole my words. I HATE TURN BASED strategy games, the reason why I have mentioned REAL TIME in Bold letters, I know there are awesome games in TB genre, but I cant help but NOT play them. And its been a never-ending drought in RT strategy genre since I can remember! So I reached out in TDF if anyone of its large-gamer base can squeeze out two or three names that I have not already came across :(

I also hated turn based games but XCOM Enemy Unknown is pretty good. It's not boring and you get results immediately after your turn. It's not like waiting for something to happen.

Top Bottom