Suggest Suitable Config for 30k

virajkin

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Home PC- Little of Low end gaming, Office apps, Browsing, Downloading, Watching HD movies
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yes
3. What is your MAX budget?
A:Rs 30000(all including VAT etc.)
4. Planning to overclock?
A:No
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Windows 7
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:500GB
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A:20 or 22 inch if it fits in the budget
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:6
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: October 22-23
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: No need of speakers Rest all i want including UPS
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:Goa, ready to buy online
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:Roughly i have selected following config and need your suggestions

AMD Athlon II X4 635 5200
MSI 880GMA-E45 5900 (USB3.0 not a compulsion)
2GB DDR3 2500
22" LCD Benq/AOC 7600
500GB Hard disk 2000
DVD-RW 1100
Keyboard+Mouse 800
Iball/Zebronics cabinet 1000
FSP Saga 400W PSU 2000
APC UPS 550VA 2100

Please suggest Opitonal Gigabyte Board also USB 3.0 is not compulsory if it fits in the budget then i am ready to get it
Also i will be adding a Mid range GFX card and 2GB RAM later in December so accordingly suggest the PSU
Also suggest the intel counterpart of the same I am going to buy AMD only
I know intel config will not perform as that of AMD but just curious what intel i can fit in that budget
Thanks

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
AMD Athlon II X4 635 5200 ---> Athlon II X4 630 @ 4.5-4.6k
MSI 880GMA-E45 5900 (USB3.0 not a compulsion) ---> Gigabyte GA-MA880GMA-UD2H @ around same price.
2GB DDR3 2500 ---> price is 2200-2300.
22" LCD Benq/AOC 7600 ---> 7400.
500GB Hard disk 2000 ---> 1900.
DVD-RW 1100 ---> 900.
Keyboard+Mouse 800 ---> 600.
Iball/Zebronics cabinet 1000 ---> Zebronics Bijli w/o PSU ---> 1200
FSP Saga 400W PSU 2000 ---> price is ok
APC UPS 550VA 2100 ---> 1800

TOTAL: 28.4k. so you can also go for the MSI 890GX board spending around 1.2k more.

OP
V

virajkin

Journeyman
Thanks for your quick support as usual Sam :razz:
Some of the prices which I mentioned are from Goa and are inclusive of VAT
Some of the components are not available here those i will order online
Waiting for more suggessions

Please remember that i will be adding mid range GPU (like Radeon 5770 or GTS 250 OR whichever will be around 10K)in december. So accordingly concentrate on my PSU :razz:

ssb1551

Technomancer
Instead of Saga II 400W for 2k u can go for Saga II 500W for another .5k!!Guess it'll be good for ur future card!!Hope this suggestion helps!!

OP
V

virajkin

Journeyman
Ya sure i will get FSP 500W for to help me in future upgrades
Can any 1 tell me who looks after the warranty service of FSP???

OP
V

virajkin

Journeyman
i want to buy zebronics bijli cabinet since it has 2 side fans and also 4 front USB ports
Also it has 1 front Blue LED fan. I will keep my pc on for night downloads so the the Blue LED fan might disturb my sleep
So is there any way that i can put off the Blue LED light so that the front fan rotates without glowing the LED??
Thanks

Last edited:
OP
V

virajkin

Journeyman
^Asus boards have lot of issues these days, also read on TDF so not planning to buy them
Only Gigabyte/MSI are preffered

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
ASUS makes some of the most solid and reliable boards if I am not mistaken. What is wrong with them, apart from poor after sales service? Could anyone elaborate?

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
i want to buy zebronics bijli cabinet since it has 2 side fans and also 4 front USB ports
Also it has 1 front Blue LED fan. I will keep my pc on for night downloads so the the Blue LED fan might disturb my sleep
So is there any way that i can put off the Blue LED light so that the front fan rotates without glowing the LED??
Thanks

Keep a shoebox in front.
I wont recommend tinkering with fan as it can damage it.
Or you can shift your bed or your computer table. Or you can sleep on couch or on floor or can cover your head with blanket..
Regarding bijli. I'd shortlisted some cabbies that i'l buy this december.
I was opting for gamma for its beautiful body. But now that you'v mentioned meritis of bijli, i am havin second thoughts. So just asking, how good is bijli over gamma, apart from the stupid name that reminds me of random old granny from 'Swadesh'.

pegasus

Journeyman
Krow- This was announced sometime back.
ASUS Unveils the Bigger & Better - E.L.I.T.E. 2.0 Service for Motherboards

E.L.I.T.E. 2.0 - India's Largest Service Network for Motherboards Now Offers Burnt & Corrosion Warranty on All ASUS Motherboards & Expands Reach to 798 Indian Cities
ASUS Unveils the Bigger & Better - E.L.I.T.E. 2.0 Service for Motherboards

Top Bottom