[Complaint] [Solved] Transcend Service!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Hey guys, i bought a Transcend 640GB (TS640GSJ25M2) on 20th September 2011 from letsbuy.com. It started giving problems after a month, rarely gets recognized. So i gave it for RMA to Accel frontline services ltd. chennai on 28-oct-2011. Ever since i've been waiting for the replacement. I contacted the Accel manager, a very polite gentleman who gave his personal mobile no. to enquire about the status of my RMA. Accel is trying their best (as far as i can see) but Transcend seems to focus on sales & not support. I tried mailing Transcend CC, they said "we'll ask accel to push your case".

In my experience & AFAIK, Transcend HDDs are one of the most reliable ones compared to other brands. The after sales support seems to be very pathetic..

I'm sick of waiting, any suggestions?

*i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/mailmemanju/DSCN1003Custom.jpg

Company name - Transcend
Exact Product NAME - Transcend 640GB HDD (TS640GSJ25M2)
Name of the distributor/service provider/dealer and location - Accel frontline services ltd.
Location - chennai
Date of purchase - 20th September 2011
Date of RMA - 28-oct-2011
Description of problems faced and the incident - rarely gets recognized
RMA no. - TSCCNN110008976DW

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
Re: Transcend Service!

Post a link to this thread in your next interaction. They might want to look into what happened to Rashi peripherals.

I have personally convinced a couple of people that Transcend is as good as Sandisk but looks like I will have to bite my words now.

sukesh1090

Adam young

ok i have experience with accel regarding my seagate HDDs and they are very good in their service. so, for me also it looks like transcend only is the culprit.its already over 6 months still no replacement this is more than ridiculous service from transcend.better to avoid them in the future.

saswat23

Human Spambot

AFAIK Transcend RMA is very slow. Even I had to wait for around 4 months to get my pendrive RMA'd. So, 4 months out of 12 goes out here only.
BTW whats the warranty of ur ext. HDD?

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Really bad service by Transcend. Six months has passed since you deposited the HDD. Usually it takes 1month to replace your faulty product. And 6months is too much. You posted in consumer court?

funskar

Padawan

will it work?

No.. it will not work..
Consumer court nly created to make fool of indian people by government..

U can see there thousand's of complain against online shops-electronic brands. Nothing happens..
Just Don't buy transcend product next time..

$$Lionking$$

In the zone

You should definitely take this up in the consumer court. This will surely help in my opinion...

Brazen

MasterZ of Yahooo !!!!!

Product shall be replaced/serviced within 30 days. Just try find out the email address of the Transcend Leadership in India, Draft a mail Subjecting: Consumer Complaints for/Against product XYZ

Draft a to the Point and well scripted mail

I did this against Few companies and always had a lighting fast response: have a look at my mail below sent by me recently:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, May 9, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Subject: Consumer Complaint for product Digital 600ex UPS
To: liservice@XXXXXups.com

Hi,

I have submitted the service request on your website with all required details for your service engineers visit, however no one has visited/contacted me. I tried calling the toll free number 1800-XXX-XXXX but there is no response.The Problem details & the other required information is below, request you to please send an engineer to fix the issue.

Problem: UPS is unable to provide any backup and get shuts down within 20-30 seconds once the power supply is gone. Also sometime it failed to take load of computer after power supply is gone & PC got restarted. It looks like both battery & UPS system are faulty & they are posing serious risk to my Computer & failing to provide any sort of protection.

Model: XXXX Digital 600 ex,
Capacity: 600VA/360W
Battery specs:12V/7Ah/1 Number
Type: sealed maintenance free battery
Serial Number: 1AAF110308002026834

Purchase Details:
Shop: Race Infotech, 1 Tulsi Nagar, XXXXXXXX

TIN Number: 08652165429
Date of Purchase: 05/09/11

My Address:

XXXXXXXX
City: XXXXXX
Pin: 30XXX
Mobile Number:XXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX
Engineer can visit: 8 AM to 4 PM (any Day)

Waiting for your Quick reply

Regards,
ABC
Mobile:

And if you don't get any response from them simply sue them in consumer court & trust me it will be a bit discomfort but finally you will get much more & will need not to repent.

Plus: Thank you very much for post as I wont buy a Transcend product ever.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!

Rather than saying that you will sue them, I say you should go about and file a case in the consumer court.

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot

Update : Contacted the editor of Thinkdigit(thanks to ico).

Received a call from the editor saying that, they have contacted Transcend & due to the lack of 640GB drive, Transcend will send me a 750GB drive. Will take ~2 weeks time to reach chennai from Taiwan.

Terabyte

In the zone

Received a call from the editor saying that, they have contacted Transcend & due to the lack of 640GB drive, Transcend will send me a 750GB drive. Will take ~2 weeks time to reach chennai from Taiwan.
That's great news!
Now hope they deliver it to you within 2 weeks.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

AFAIK Transcend RMA is very slow. Even I had to wait for around 4 months to get my pendrive RMA'd. So, 4 months out of 12 goes out here only.
BTW whats the warranty of ur ext. HDD?

^^ will keep that in mind the next time I need to buy a PD.

Great .. make me recall the incident with viewsonic.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Great!! :)

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot

Finally, the replacement drive has arrived as said in 2 weeks.. Thanks to the editor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom