Sober Worm alert!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad_den

Padawan
Hi everyone,
Be alert if you receive a message from FBI or CIA or BKA.. It may contain the latest sober worm.. Update your antivirus files immediately.. I got a mail a little while ago that was infected with the worm.

This was the mail detail:

Subject : Your Password
Attachment : reg_pass-data.zip (0.05 MB)

Account and Password Information are attached!

***** Go to: *www.yahoo.com
***** Email: postman@yahoo.com

*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=69375&cat_id=582[/b]

LegendKiller

In the zone
thanks a ton prasad,lest i forget,i should also inform fellow forumers that there's a similar case wid y! messenger,in which a person with id:chintan***,invites to be his buddy and if you add him up,it crashes your hdd! This might be an isolated incident which occured to many in delhi,so in case you get an invitation,plz block it :D

rachitar

Journeyman
Well you cant get virus by just seeing the mail you have to download the attachment and why would i download such an attachment

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
LegendKiller said:
thanks a ton prasad,lest i forget,i should also inform fellow forumers that there's a similar case wid y! messenger,in which a person with id:chintan***,invites to be his buddy and if you add him up,it crashes your hdd! This might be an isolated incident which occured to many in delhi,so in case you get an invitation,plz block it :D

been getting those stupid messages right form the day one whn i started using yahoo 5 year back. I deliberately add tthose ids and nothing happen.

LegendKiller

In the zone
look dude,i got this alert from a friend,so i decided to make note of it here.And as i am not a daredevil like,i prefer taking precautions,then re-formatting my hdd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom