Sigma 70-300mm macro vs canon ef 75-300mm,which is better?

TechnoBOY

Padawan
Hey guys ,which one is better?

Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG MACRO vs Canon EF 75-300MM 1:4-5.6 III [MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] anyone...

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Both are not IS version. Why you want a tele zoom with no IS on it? Already, you seem to have 75-300 :chinscratch::blink::unsure:
I would prefer to stick with 55-250 if budget is the problem.

OP
TechnoBOY

TechnoBOY

Padawan
Both are not IS version. Why you want a tele zoom with no IS on it? Already, you seem to have 75-300 :chinscratch::blink::unsure:
I would prefer to stick with 55-250 if budget is the problem.

My friend want to exchange his sigma with my canon ....so i want to know which one is better

nac

Aspiring Novelist
My friend want to exchange his sigma with my canon ....so i want to know which one is better
@nac which one is better, should i exchange?
Those who have first hand experience should comment on this. If you guys are just exchanging to use it for a while, then fine. Go ahead, and exchange it. If this is gonna be permanent, I think I am not sure. If I had to, I would ask for Sigma + some money for this exchange.

OP
TechnoBOY

TechnoBOY

Padawan
Those who have first hand experience should comment on this. If you guys are just exchanging to use it for a while, then fine. Go ahead, and exchange it. If this is gonna be permanent, I think I am not sure. If I had to, I would ask for Sigma + some money for this exchange.

So you saying canon is better

nac

Aspiring Novelist
So you know about the focus speed etc..
Nope. I have no idea about that.
Since its your friend, and seem to be interested in this exchange. Why don't borrow his lens for a week or so and test it? You will have experience with both the lenses and judge whether you wanna keep it or exchange it.

OP
TechnoBOY

TechnoBOY

Padawan
Nope. I have no idea about that.
Since its your friend, and seem to be interested in this exchange. Why don't borrow his lens for a week or so and test it? You will have experience with both the lenses and judge whether you wanna keep it or exchange it.

Sure,But i think he uses lot his lens.
Will ask him.the reason he is saying to exchange is because he dont like how the lens look.

sujoyp

Grand Master
sigma 70-300 is good lens to start...as both are non IS but sigma one have 1:2 macro capability i would go with sigma

Top Bottom