REVIEW: Xiaomi Mi 5200 Portable Charger for mobiles.

OP
Samarth 619

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Guys, I got the Mi 10400 too... It lasts longer, but I see approx the same charge timings. EDIT: Will post correct timings later on, this fact might be wrong.

And for PC charging, it may take around 20 hours if it is USB 2 port.

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
Guys, I got the Mi 10400 too... It lasts longer, but I see approx the same charge timings.

And for PC charging, it may take around 20 hours if it is USB 2 port.

USB 2.0 allows 0.5 amps, then what do you expect. 2A takes 5 hours fully charge then 2A/0.5A = 4*5hrs = 20 hours.

BTW you should try USB 3.0 which allows up to 5A

OP
Samarth 619

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
USB 2.0 allows 0.5 amps, then what do you expect. 2A takes 5 hours fully charge then 2A/0.5A = 4*5hrs = 20 hours.
BTW you should try USB 3.0 which allows up to 5A
Yes, I understand that. I was pointing out to someone, who posted that using USB it can be charged in 10 hours.

Guys, a small correction. I think in my earlier post, I mentioned that the charging times are mostly the same. This is inaccurate statement, as the charger was already half charged from the factory itself, which I disregarded.

Will tell more about the Mi 10400 as I use it more and more.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I too bought a 10400 mAh one from flipkart. It was already charged to half and it took around 4-5 hours to charge completely using the 2A xiaomi charger of Redmi phone. I could charge Redmi 1S from 5% to 100% two times and about 50% in third attempt before the powerbank exhausted. This is a very good charger. Go for it if you are looking for a new powerbank.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I too bought a 10400 mAh one from flipkart. It was already charged to half and it took around 4-5 hours to charge completely using the 2A xiaomi charger of Redmi phone. I could charge Redmi 1S from 5% to 100% two times and about 50% in third attempt before the powerbank exhausted. This is a very good charger. Go for it if you are looking for a new powerbank.
offtopic, baiju do you have same handle at hifivisionforum?

insaneYLN

In the zone
@Samarth 619, this is a fantastic review.
:clap2: :goodjob:

Necessarily, I need to purchase a power bank as well, and I have been considering on getting the Xiaomi Mi 10400mAh Power Bank, Mi India. However, the manufacturer's warranty period of six months is seemingly quite less, Mi India. Furthermore, while doing a search on Google, I found this, How to identify fake Xiaomi Power Banks (English Subtitles) - YouTube.
:chinscratch: :eeek:

sksundram

In the zone
It took almost 16-18 hours to fully charge my xiaomi 10400 mAh power bank on first time using a 1A charger which got delivered yesterday. Is it normal?

amjath

Human Spambot
[Strike]Yes for 1A[/strike]

- - - Updated - - -

check with few cycles and your power bank battery will come back to normal. Or else return it. BTW total time to charge with 1A charger is ~10 hrs

OP
Samarth 619

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Guys, I wish to add that I now use a Mi 20,000 Mah charger... The benefits apart from more charge cycles are:-

1. It has 2 USB ports for charging 2 devices at once.
2. Its taller, and made of plastic, but its still durable, and secondly, it weighs lesser than two 10400 mah chargers, so its a good deal.
3. Its pure white in color,

It has all the circuitry protection of the previous editions. I tried shortcircuiting it, but it didn't respond, which is good. It does a good job. It charges my phone approx 5 times once charged, in phone off condition. The same 4 LED lights show the 25% increments in charge left in the powerbank. Overall, a good purchase, not necessarily the most economic one at Rs. 2,199, but the product does work good.
It charges the phones very fast usually, with a 2.1A output.

It has a plastic body, but due to dotted sides, its does not easily slip out of hand, i.e. it maintains enough grip. A short USB cable was provided it, around 15 cms in length.

Anything else you want to ask, you can ask... :)

Top Bottom