PS3 Review By naveen_reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
wat is new in new PSP is the firmware can be upgrade for using for another purpose actually i have no time for searching the information yaar ?Aur PS3 ke kaun kaun se game hai tere pass?

What all games do you PS3 guys own? I've got 11 of 'em. GTA IV,FIFA 09,Mercenaries 2,Burnout Paradise,Mirror's Edge,Gran Turismo 5 Prolouge,The Orange Box(Half Life 2,HL2E1,HL2E2,Portal and TF2). Best among them are GTA IV and Mirror's Edge and the worst is the Orange Box. Bought GT5,Mirror's Edge and Burnout yesterday only.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
How come you guys didn't get Uncharted: Drake's Fortune & Heavenly Sword?

Those are perhaps the best looking games right now for the PS3. :)

I could not find Drake's Fortune at Croma and the piece at Music World seemed used or something. Will get is as soon as I find it. As for Heavenly Sword,I ain't interested.
I added Mortal Combat VS DC Universe to my list today. Awesome game,love it and all the Justice League and Mortal Combat fans will also like it. I'm a fan of the former.
I want to upgrade my PS3 hard drive. Can I use any seagate or WD 2.5" Lappy HDD? What size does the PS3 support to the max? 160 GB?
I'm not gonna upgrade it any sooner,just wanted to enquire.
A noob question,do all PS3 models have the Cell Broadband Processor? Mine is CECHH08 40GB.

Last edited:
OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
waiting for drakes fortune to go into gold edition.... Price : 999

right now playing little big planet..... AWESOME ...

AWESOME

AWEOME

only down is its just 720p !!!!! man i cant put my 1080p tv into full use...

I wanna play MGS4 Guns Of Patriot but my exams are nearing and parents won't gimme any money to buy any new games. Will have to wait till April:( Im so screwed!

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
planning to buy tekken when it comes out and also rumble joystick ....

lets see....

guys if anyone hasnt got LPB...

get it...

its worth....

and more over u will get user developed game level as the months pass by... so wht u get is a unlimited gameplay..

i tried to create a small level and it was a great expirience and made my bro play it...

it was fun...

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Sorry for reviving such an old thread but I think its better to revive the old ones than to make new ones. Anyways what is the latest model and price of PS3 SKU available in India? I haven't bought PS3 yet but looking forward to it but b4 I take the plunge I want to know a few things.

1. Can a PS3 act as a Home Server? I mean File Server for access anywhere, Storage Controller for a External HDD attached to it via USB and also as a Streaming Server?
  2. Can it also function as a "Download Rig" or a "Torrent Box"?
  3. How big are its firmware updates?
  4. Can normal BSNL Dataone broadband work on it?
  5. What is the average power consumption of PS3?
  6. What's the maximum size of Internal 2.5" HDD supported by it? Does it supports 7200RPM HDDs too?
Well these r some of the things that r in my mind presently and wud like answered if u all got the time. :oops:

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Sorry for reviving such an old thread but I think its better to revive the old ones than to make new ones. Anyways what is the latest model and price of PS3 SKU available in India? I haven't bought PS3 yet but looking forward to it but b4 I take the plunge I want to know a few things.

1. Can a PS3 act as a Home Server? I mean File Server for access anywhere, Storage Controller for a External HDD attached to it via USB and also as a Streaming Server?
  2. Can it also function as a "Download Rig" or a "Torrent Box"?
  3. How big are its firmware updates?
  4. Can normal BSNL Dataone broadband work on it?
  5. What is the average power consumption of PS3?
  6. What's the maximum size of Internal 2.5" HDD supported by it? Does it supports 7200RPM HDDs too?
Well these r some of the things that r in my mind presently and wud like answered if u all got the time. :oops:

1. it doesnt have by default but we can set up a linux server on it but with internal hard drive with Partition'ed space . It is Streaming Client (DLNA) By Default in XMB .
but can be streaming server on linux with special softwares.

2. not in XMB , but yes in linux

3.firmware updates are 140 MB-150 MB

4.like Piece of cake wired or wireless

5. 300 gigawatts to few terraflops , (just kidding ) . it goes to 200W while playing games 170W while watching movies and 180W while ideling 2W when in standby .

6.it supports all laptop supporting hard disks i have tried maximum 500GB internal and 320 GB external (7200 RPM) and worked preety well .

+you can use PS3 as a processing server for media converting useing CodecSys 10 like softwares . this way u utilize the massive power of Cell Microprocessor .

______

btw i currently have : GTA4, X-men Origins Wolverine , Killzone 2 , Spiderman Wos , Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 , Motostorm , Resident Evil 5 . next in line is God Of War Collector's Edition . I really am die hard fan of God Of War franchise .

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
1. it doesnt have by default but we can set up a linux server on it but with internal hard drive with Partition'ed space . It is Streaming Client (DLNA) By Default in XMB .
but can be streaming server on linux with special softwares.

2. not in XMB , but yes in linux

3.firmware updates are 140 MB-150 MB

4.like Piece of cake wired or wireless

5. 300 gigawatts to few terraflops , (just kidding ) . it goes to 200W while playing games 170W while watching movies and 180W while ideling 2W when in standby .

6.it supports all laptop supporting hard disks i have tried maximum 500GB internal and 320 GB external (7200 RPM) and worked preety well .

+you can use PS3 as a processing server for media converting useing CodecSys 10 like softwares . this way u utilize the massive power of Cell Microprocessor .

______

btw i currently have : GTA4, X-men Origins Wolverine , Killzone 2 , Spiderman Wos , Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 , Motostorm , Resident Evil 5 . next in line is God Of War Collector's Edition . I really am die hard fan of God Of War franchise .

i think i messed wwith the blue screw to remove HDD .. wht to do ?

can we xchange games , i have few ....

can i use ps3 to encode mkv to avi/mp4 ?

r u sure 7200 works fine .. did u see ne increases in performance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom