[Preview + Feedback] Digit January 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
blackpearl said:
The smoke experiment was brilliant. I have to try that out myself someday.

The budget of Rs 1000 was however a bit high. You can do away with the hard disk cooler and instead make your own. Just use an ordinary 80mm chassis fan and place it on top of the HD. Use strips of rubber cut from an eraser or strips of thermocol to raise the fan about 0.5 cm from the HD and stick them using glue or tape, and you have an effective HDD cooler. Once I installed a heat sink on a HD. LOL!! I had a spare P3 heat sink and some cheap thermal paste. I applied the thermal paste and stuck the heat sink, without the fan, on top of the HD. The result was a 2 degree drop in temp!! If I had placed a fan on top of the heat sink, I bet it would have been the best HDD cooler available :))

Nice... will have to try that some day.

blackpearl said:
Regarding the DVD interface, no improvement is seen. Please make the s/w description available at a single click and on the same screen. Most of the members are requesting the same.

It's been done for Feb. Keep more suggestions rolling in, though.

blackpearl said:
One thing I've noticed is that a good cover page helps generate buyers. When I went to buy this issue, I saw a lady apparently drawn to the particularly attractive cover this month Digit had.
"What magazine is this?", she asked
"Its a computer magazine", the seller replied.
"Is it?"
"What price is it?", "Does it come out each month?" and such questions followed. Though she didn't buy it but she did looked at it for a long time. :)

Hah! Read that, anti-model activists!

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Digit keep the do it yourself articles coming.This was one of the reasons I started buying digit(then chip) 4-5 years ago.Great information in these articles.
You as well every geek knows the satisfaction involved in getting that EXTRA JUICE out of your machine.;-)

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
vimal_mehrotra said:
Digit keep the do it yourself articles coming.This was one of the reasons I started buying digit(then chip) 4-5 years ago.Great information in these articles.
You as well every geek knows the satisfaction involved in getting that EXTRA JUICE out of your machine.;-)
We intend to do a lot more DIY articles, and we're open to suggestions, if anyone has any.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
I liked this January issue of Digit. Keeping It Cool was by far the best article in the mag, I think. The hardware 'testing, cataloguing and comparative manifestation' (as I call it :D) has always been a hit, and the assessment on the various USB Flash Drives couldn't have come at a better time - I was planning to buy one. Also liked the same on Wireless Devices.

The article on multiple monitors has made me curious to try and connect my older, spare monitor to this machine. Just to see how it goes. Hmm...

FT to Google Advanced looks pretty neat as well.

All in all, I think you guys have started the new year on a resounding note! :D

EDIT: Adding something now which I forgot earlier - Madness On The Forum was a hilarious little snippet within the pages(not that I haven't followed the mentioned thread as it unfolded); Thumbs up! :lol:

Last edited:

Siddhartha_t69

Journeyman
This time I'm letting you down. CHIP is giving good contents this time.
They have dual layer 7GB+ DVD and a mag for Rs. 100.

But I'm not losing hope. They are not so good at mag contents. HAIL DIGIT when it comes to mag and fast track. Hope you will improve sometimes.

Thank YOu

rajasekharan

Youngling
the review of NWN2 was what i was looking for....not that i dont know the game...i know its very very good just that i wanted to hear it from you guys as well.....good job, you rated it high....all my praise to the writer...:)

p.s : give him more games and make him do the review....:)

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Digit Team Sud have included SUSE 10.2 on DVD as it is out now.
It sud Include more Articles on Linux as more nd more people r cming forward for Linux.

coolman.guron

Broken In
good work digit.

i really like the content and guess what i am going to buy this mag (let me guess) ummm 10 months after the last one.

keep up the work and as far as the dvd is concerned i wont b putting it in my drive.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
2 thnigs!

Digit Pls Pls Pls have a description of the softwares u carry in the DVD available in ur new interface. It was such a pain this time trying to figgure out what each of them do ! I was losing patience frequently trying to refer them on web everytime!!! I am glad to hear that Feb 07 this will be changed. I really hope this is true! Keeping my fingers Crossed!

And never do away with Models Male / female ! I know how I was first drawn to Digit! It was the November issue of 2001 ! That had a lady Holding the Digit Zero One Awards ! I was drawn to the pic of lady an d asked the newzpaper wala wat is this! And then for the first time I noticed the the mag came with a Mindware and Playware CD ! Cool! Got hooked to it forever after!
Models do the eyecatching, contents keep subscribers hooked! Bot should be excellent!
*Wish* Can ya Get Joanna Krupa to Model for the Anniversay Issue ? :p
*Wish* Otherwise Priyanka Chopra for the Anniversary issue ?

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
Thor said:
2 thnigs!

Digit Pls Pls Pls have a description of the softwares u carry in the DVD available in ur new interface. It was such a pain this time trying to figgure out what each of them do ! I was losing patience frequently trying to refer them on web everytime!!! I am glad to hear that Feb 07 this will be changed. I really hope this is true! Keeping my fingers Crossed!

And never do away with Models Male / female ! I know how I was first drawn to Digit! It was the November issue of 2001 ! That had a lady Holding the Digit Zero One Awards ! I was drawn to the pic of lady an d asked the newzpaper wala wat is this! And then for the first time I noticed the the mag came with a Mindware and Playware CD ! Cool! Got hooked to it forever after!
Models do the eyecatching, contents keep subscribers hooked! Bot should be excellent!
*Wish* Can ya Get Joanna Krupa to Model for the Anniversay Issue ? :p
*Wish* Otherwise Priyanka Chopra for the Anniversary issue ?
ya truely
it was really a pain to find out what software does what

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
"2 thnigs" <--- :p Typo :p !! Me So Sorry!

err I just noticed... When Hit "Install" , a new window pops with the info ! Sigh ! Why did I not notice this b4 ? Cud hv saved me lotsa hard work! But then agn, i didn't notice Coz I didn't feel the urge to install them! Now that I hv seen this referring to the web everytime seems so foolish! :p
This is a kind of nagging too! To hit the install button to get to see the info! I hope this is done away with in feb too ?
I *Want* the info the in same window with the Software name! I *don't* want to hv to click anything extra! That wud too much Work! 4 each and every software digit carry!

pyn.techhelp

Right off the assembly line
still i have not reieved my january issue of digit.this is worse.digit is becoming worse day by day in delivering issues to their subscribers.digit should change the courier service to afl or bluedart or something like those good courier company.

satyamy

Alive Again...
i was unable to understand
how to use hmail programme provided in Digit January 2007 CD
Pls tell me whts the use of that programme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom