PlayStation 4 is "Essentially a PC" in Terms of Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
You should have read an earlier post... that link you gave me was of early 2011 (I mentioned that in my previous post). Isaid that it has no bearing on AMD's position. That was clarified in a later article.
I read that link and I posted that it was not relevant to what you said for consoles. I asked for a link which explicitly says that the PS4 will move beyond the conventional API (openGL/PSGL/whatever).

As for the low level access on the console, it is not all that low- OpenGL and DirectX got slightly modified. It is true that PS3 allows cell CPU access but you cant go past the hypervisor (comparable to the kernel of windows in terms of level).

Dude seriously what are you upto? What the heck a hypervisor gotta do with this? Do you actually know what a hypervisor is or again using terms as usual? And what kernel level you're talking about?

And what link of mine are you pointing at? If you are asking about the link regarding developers lowering abstraction level in pc's , then its obvious that it has no relevance with consoles. I guess everybody has got that except you.

And what position of AMD you want to clarify? Are you saying they aren't making hardware for ps4? If this is what you meant then....:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom